WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    I would guess (and this is only a guess) that the judges are looking for both the Oprah thing as well as conducting their "normal" product search.  There are only 10 Oprah winners but I doubt that QVC is going to pass up a product they would normally give the okay too.  They are in the business of making money so I`m sure they are passing through to the next round any and everyone that they would normally send on.  Later on down the line I would think that the Oprah criteria comes into play, but for now, I bet they are doing this as "business as usual" the QVC way.  Chris, see you tomorrow, anyone else that will be in PA, pm us if you want to try to meet up and I`ll give you my cell.  FUN FUN FUN!!!
  • Options
    KelleeKellee subscriber Posts: 0

[/QUOTE]
     For instance, this year`s said no baby or child products but I saw a TON of those and one of the finalists last time was that baby feeding pad. Do you think they`re not strict about that rule or it`s a new rule, etc. Also, it seems like Oprah wants ordinary people but I saw a lot of very professional, well-established companies in L.A. yesterday. Which also made me wonder because the rules also said no products with national distribution. 

Where did you read that it said NO BABY OR CHILD PRODUCTS?? I never saw that anywhere!
    Also, I agree, I was surprised at how many well established companies there were yesterday.[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Benihana - Sounds like you had a positive reaction to your product. Crossing my fingers for you that #3 is a good thing!
    RCTOYS - Yes, this is true - nobody cares! Hey, if I can clean the house and do laundry with 102 fever - I`d like to think that presenting my product will be easier! We shall see. Thanks for the link BTW.
    Leslie - I think you said your appt is at 2PM? Mine is - I`ll look for you!
    Good luck everyone! I`ll be sure to post after I`m done. Then we can all bite our nails together for the next few weeks

• Options
    KelleeKellee subscriber Posts: 0
    TheBagHitch: Thank you for clarifying that information. I don`t fall into the baby category but I did see lots of products yesterday for babies and children`s clothes.
  • Options
    RCTOYSRCTOYS subscriber Posts: 2
  • Options
    Leslie - I was just reading  your website.  Great idea!  Do you have it in stores already?  There are so many interesting ideas that I`ve found on various posts that I think are going to do great regardless of the outcome on April 27th. 
  • Options
    No! YIKES! I was not set to launch until summer!  I`m going to PA with a great sell sheet and prototypes.  If I actually get picked to go to the next round I will have to completely revamp my production schedule, but whoa is me right?  It`s a great problem to have!  Thanks for the info Joel and I will be on the market place once I actually have a product to sell.  Pretty scary huh? 
  • Options
    Leslie - where are you producing the charms - in the states or overseas?  Is your packaging complete?  I`m not sure if the production schedules, etc are going to play a roll in the final decision or not. That`s the part I`m most nervous about -   Needless to say, I`m burning a fire under everyone this week just in case    RCTOYS2007-4-22 12:21:13
  • Options
    Thanks Gwen!  Production is overseas and packaging is not complete  (that`s a fantastic story, I`ll PM ya if you`re interested) but I can assure you the packaging will meet ALL QVC standards, but I won`t have my prototypes for it until the last week of April.  I am not really worried about all that too terribly much.  If we don`t even get notified of the results until April 27th, then all those making it to the next round have to submit samples for QA and they have to be tested then we are a little ways out yet.  I am starting to prepare by putting the bug in my people`s ears that this could be a possiblity so be ready and that`s about all I can do.  I can`t wait to hear from everyone on the 27th.  Some of us SuNnies MUST make it!
  • Options
    JeannieJeannie subscriber Posts: 8
    I have a suggestion for y`all. I just did a very quick assessment and noted that less than half of you who have contributed to this topic have a listing of your products in the StartupNation Marketplace. And none of you has yet taken advantage of the new photo upload feature we just added to Marketplace.
    Hi Joel,
    I didn`t even realize that there was a new photo upload feature! I will make sure to upload soon!  Thanks for letting us know!
    Jeannie

• Options
    Greg - Thanks...we have all kinds of things on the drawing board, in prototype phase and production but are waiting for the intital launch.  RCTOYS2007-4-22 12:21:37
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I made it to PA from Charleston.   I`m sitting in the Philli airport waiting on Chris.  I`ve got tons to do, but I`ll need a break here or there.  If anyone is flying into Philli today (Wed) , let me know (I`ll be on line on and off today)  I`ll meet you at your gate. (the unofficial SuN welcoming committee!) I`m meeting Chris around 5:00 so I`ll be hanging out until then.   Thank you all so much for the encouragement!  SuNnies Rock!!!
  • Options
    I think it`s great that the two of you are doing this together.  I made the trip by myself and would have liked to share the experience with someone.  Good luck to the two of you!  Can`t wait to hear about the day.
  • Options
    No biggy Chris.  Being a pilot`s wife, I`m used to flying stand-by and doing a lot of hanging out in airports.  I get so much accomplished w/o the kiddies under-foot.  I`m enjoying my "me time" even if it is in an airport.  I can`t believe I don`t have to take crayons w/ me when I order my lunch!!!  See you soon!   Thanks for the best wishes Gwen!  We shall see......  (Great products by the way!)  You are obviously very creative.
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Good luck ladies! I`ll be there tomorrow - bringing my mom for the drive (only about 2 hours away). I love my mother, but I`m hope she doesn`t drive me nuts!
    Chris, you have my cell if you are around after your presentation- but I know you have to catch your flight. Leslie, I`m going to PM now you with my number also.
    Joel - I would love to put my item in the Marketplace, but the patent is still in the works. I will definately do it though, as soon as I can!