WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    RCTOYSRCTOYS subscriber Posts: 2
    Annie,
    The camera crew with lights was in the row right behind me.  I didn`t get a chance to see what he had.  I got 2 difference camera guys at my table ....don`t know why....I have a feeling they take film of people who they want to keep reviewing. Then they can go back and filter through.  I would imagine that they have to narrow it down a few times just to make sure the company is prepared.  I guess we`ll know on the 27th.
  • Options
    graceybabegraceybabe subscriber Posts: 0
    Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to share. I do have one question.  How early do you need to arrive?  I have a 9:00 appointment in LA and know I need to register between 8:00 and 8:30, but....... Do I need to arrive at 4:00 in the morning or will 7:30 be okay?
    again, THANK YOU everyone!!
  • Options
    The last thing you are thinking about when you are there is poking around at the other tables.  You barely see what`s even going on around you.  I hardly had my things out of the box when they came up to the table so don`t worry about a fancy presentation.  The people there were all extremely friendly so just go and talk about your passion and have fun.  
  • Options
    KarmaThreadsKarmaThreads subscriber Posts: 0
    Morning,
    Thanks for all the feedback about the event ...i`m curious,do they allow you room to set up a rack for display purposes or do you have to keep the product on the table?
    Thanks so much!
    Rhonda
  • Options
    graceybabegraceybabe subscriber Posts: 0
    Mohop,
    Your sandals are great.  Wonderful idea. 
    Thank you very much for the information. 
    Best of luck.
    Thanks again,
    Kathi
  • Options
    DipLady - I`m sorry to hear about your experience but that was just about the funniest story I`ve heard in a long time!  You should make the top 10 based on your storytelling alone
    Good Luck to you.  I can`t wait to read this site is on April 27th!  Hopefully at least 1 will make it all the way just so the others can hear about the experience. 
  • Options
    I`m not sure if this has been posted yet or not but here are the finalists from last year`s challenge
    0031030_01.jhtml

• Options
    KelleeKellee subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi All!
    We just came back from our presentation at the Bonaventure Hotel and had a really GREAT time! This was soooo much better than our experience last year! It was very well run, smooth and everyone we met had a great attitude!
    I`m really glad we decided to participate this time around. There were cameras and people shooting videos everywhere. A local newspaper interviewed us right before we gave our presentation!
    Our table was about 4 feet long so we didn`t use some of our display but they gave us 10 minutes to set up. We also had a terrirfic woman and we were with her about 10 miutes. During our presentaion someone was filming us.
    If anyone has any questions please ask! I`ll be happy to answer what I can!
    Kellee
  • Options
    I don`t know if you had a chance to review the products that were on the show last year but I think this year - there is a lot more competition - so many great ideas out there!  If I don`t make it, I sure hope someone from this site does just so the rest can hear about the experience. 
    Has anyone heard what the next steps are, when the taping would occur?  I can`t imagine they can tape as soon as May (like it says) but you never know.  I would think just going through all the QA, packaging, shipping, manufacturing details, etc would take longer than that.  It`s going to be a LONG month!
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Reading about everyone`s experience is really helpful! I am anxious to go to PA Thurs, but I am SICK with a dreadful sinus infection!! I can`t believe this! I`m achey, fever - the whole nine yards. I am going to drag myself there though - I probably won`t look or sound great, but I really don`t think I should miss this opportunity.
    Does anyone know if we are allowed to leave marketing materials (like a media kit , brochures, ect.) with the buyers?
    RCTOYS - Do you have a link or anything so that we can see the products from last year`s show? 
    Chris - I will not be coming in on Wednesday night. My husband had something come up with work, so I will be arriving on Thursday. Have fun at the Melting Pot. We have one in Red Bank, which is about 10 minutes away from where I live. I knew I had heard of it somewhere. I heard it`s great, but I haven`t been to it yet!

storybookstudio2007-3-27 12:7:6
  • Options
    Thanks Annie!! Believe it or not I hadn`t seen it yet!! I just called my partner and told her!!
    This is exciting!!Wow!! Our first press!!
  • Options
    BenihanaBenihana subscriber Posts: 1
    Hey guys we just came back from our presentation(well flew back last night). So here is a quick overview of what happened.Because of the rules I do have to leave out our products ,but what I can tell you is that you eat it on food.LOL. Anyhow here it goes.
    We arrived around 3 p.m. yesterday for our 4p.m. appointment. (Everyone that we met from QVC were a class act. )We were told to go through the first line that lead to a video. This video showed what you need to do to present your product. Next we waited in the next line to register. Being that we were a food product our wait was very minimal after our registration. Our next step was to setup our table with our presentation. We had 2 other women with products next to us. Both were ahead of us. My fiancee` and I carefully watched while the QVC rep listened and wrote down information about their products. Each of the ladies with their products had about 10 minutes a piece with the QVC rep. Next it was our turn. She picked up our folder and proceeded to read over our information.  The rep then walked up shook my hand and I showed her my pearly whites and upbeat attitude(throughout our presentation) . She said "Well it looks as if you have ____ Sauce. I said yes. behind our products were the awards that we had recieved for them from World Known events (we placed 2nd in the world out of over 600 products). The Qvc rep asked why I did this and  I said "Because this is my passion, what I wake up for, and for my family to have a future. So you wake up and love ___ Sauce? she said." Yes   , and I love the way that the wood smells in the morning when it is burning(this obviously has something to do with my product), I replied. I asked what else she would like to know and she said "All I need to know is about your passion and what it means to you, and both are very evident!  She went on to say that it would be difficult to push my product through, but not impossible. She had pushed another food product through and now its doing incredible. She also asked about pricing, where it was sold, and what their cost was. After this I asked her if she would like to sample it. She could not sample it on food, so we gave her a disposable spoon to try it. I opened the jar she took a huge whif, and tasted it. A smile came to her face and she said that it was excellent. Then said that what she liked the most was the sweetness that it had to it. I offered her an order of events for our products, and she that she would not need it now, but   in a few weeks when they contact me and she stopped herself and said if  we choose your products then we will ask for all of your info. I thanked her she thanked us and wrote a number three at the top right hand corner of our folder and circled it. So now my question is What does the Number 3 Mean?  Somebody please let me know any thoughts and possibly what it means. Thanks and if I can offer any input let me know.
    Have a great day.
    P.S. Our presentation lasted 20 minutes a bit longer than normal.

• Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Awe...thanks for the simpathy ladies. I am feeling a little better now! At least it`s nice here today and I can open my windows ;0)
    Wow, that`s awesome Kellee - how cool is that??!  I sometimes wish I had a partner to share good news (and bad!) with. Congrats!

• Options
    Melissa -
    I`m sorry to hear about you being sick.  I just got back from launching my product at the Toy Fair in NYC and had laryngitis the ENTIRE week!  So I know how it feels but the truth is....no one cares about you 
    Here are the top 7 from last year 0031030_09.jhtml
    Good luck!
    BENIHANA:  I don`t know what the numbers mean but I got a 1 on mine.  ARGH.  It sounded like yours was as well received as mine was so who knows what that means!  I think they just do a good job at keeping a pokerface.  I guess we`ll find out in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Hi Melissa!

It does make it easier--for me--with a partner. Although there are days when I feel like I`m carrying a boulder uphill!! But, yesterday and today are good days!
    Kellee