WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    KelleeKellee subscriber Posts: 0
    Have FUN girls!!!!!!!!! We`re cheering you on in Los Angeles!!!
  • Options
    JeannieJeannie subscriber Posts: 8
    I had a change of mind and will be showing up tomorrow afterall..So I hope to see all the SUN girls tomorrow! Best of Luck to everyone!
    Jeannie
     Jeannie2007-3-28 22:32:47
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Jeannie -
    I`m so glad you changed your mind! Good luck tomorrow!!

• Options
    ImiImi subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Everyone
    I`m new to the board. I went to the March 26th Los Angeles QVC Oprah product search. Very impressed with how organized they were. I spent 4 weeks preparing for this and felt I did quite well. After I left though I felt quite empty like the wind was let out of me. I wish there was some sort of  feedback.The girl I had was nice and asked a few questions like how many can can you produce in 90 days and is it made here by me and wholesale cost to QVC. We`ll See!
    Good Luck to All of You, Imi
  • Options
    I went yesterday too, and everything went very smoothly, just as others have said. Everyone at QVC was very friendly, and definately have the system down as far as getting everyone through the process.
    Chris - I wish I could have met up with you guys - maybe next time! ;0) I plan on attending again, if they have another one and I am not chosen this time around. My experience was exactly like yours! My buyer had a total poker face too. She asked very few questions and I couldn`t figure out if that was because I gave so much information up front, or if she just wasn`t interested. I think her name was Jenn, or Jean or something - short brown hair, black shirt. I was wondering if it was the same one? I too heard other buyers being very friendly and asking questions. I was really confused when I left because I thought I would have some kind of feeling, one way or the other! I felt my presentation went pretty much as I had planned, and that hit on all the selling points I feel my product has.
    Anyway, I am off to call AC Moore and try and get an appointment on their next buying day! I can`t wait to hear from Leslie and Jeannie!

• Options
    BenihanaBenihana subscriber Posts: 1
    Hey Gals, great to hear that you had a safe trip . Did anyone remember if a number was written on their folder?I still haven`t found out what this is for. Anyhow I wish all of you the best. P.S. I am auditioning to be a QVC host on the 13th of April. So wish me luck. I`ll have pictures up soon!
    Have a great guys and gals1
    Maurice
  • Options
    Good luck Maurice! I would love to audition but I am 1 hour and 40 minutes away, which I think is too far. Let us know how you do!
    I didn`t get to see my number either. I wonder if the number has to do with what category your product falls in.
    The pics are great Chris!storybookstudio2007-3-30 12:7:55
  • Options
    KelleeKellee subscriber Posts: 0
    Chris: Thanks for sharing your experience. I was really looking forward to hearing how it went with you. You have a terrific product and although you had a rep with a "poker face" I`m sure you and your prodcut will shine through! And, to come home to online orders is ALWAYS GOOD!!
    Yours and Melissa`s experience was EXACTLY like mine was last year when I attended the QVC product search at QVC headquarters. My experience this time was the exact opposite. Who knows?
    The pictures with you and Leslie are terrific!
  • Options
    Hey guys...I added pics of my kit to my profile gallery. There will be a few changes to the final product before production (the bottles will be clear, stamps will not be black and red). Just in case anyone wants to see. I need to take better pics though. The samples were done with the kit designs from several kits.
  • Options
    Hey guys (gals) that makes since the number represents the category. I am new to the forum. Its a great one too! Everyone is so upbeat. I would love to send everyone samples (in this forum) if you would like them. Everyone`s products are fantastic (by the pics and ideas)! to give a little run down of myself(soon to be in my profile)I am an Executive Chef by trade, apprenticed under 2 seperate chefs, and also have my BA in Business Management/Logistics. Crazy huh? I chose to go another direction after graduation because of my love for food. My company has been slow to start, because I did not want the snowball effect to happen. I currently am in 90 stores in Northern California, and Nevada , and believe it without a website.Anyhow I have given all that I have to make my sauces . I have 3 sauces right now with 30 more recipes standing in line. We took 4th in the world at The American Royal Bbq in Kansas City and the following year 2nd. This contest is known as "The World Series of Bbq". Anyhow I will post my profile and pics soon, as it takes a bit of time to do. I wish all of you the best of luck. As they say" Everyone has a dream , and this one is mine!"   
  • Options
    Thanks Chris! I know, I should have uploaded them sooner. The box really came out great and these photos don`t really show it very well. I will take some new ones though soon.
    Thanks for the kind words about the fam too! ;0)
  • Options
    Don`t get me wrong I am still on the tough road, so it`ll take some time to be in the big stores, but we`ll keep knocking on that door. So how do I get samples of everyones products?
  • Options
    Maurice, it sounds like you are well on your way to making your dreams reality!

• Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    I`m finally home!  I couldn`t get a flight from Charlotte to Charleston so me and another pilot (my husband is a commercial pilot) rented a car an drove!  I had so much fun w/ Chris, it was such a hoot!  My experience was very similar to every elses.  Not much expression from the judge and I could not get a read on her if my life depended on it.  I think it went well and I`m pretty sure I made all my points.  I did see a hint of a twinkle in her eye when she started to "get it".  Since my product is not really self explainatory by just looking at it w/o the packaging once she got what it was for the many uses, I did see her perk up a LITTLE and start writing.  I`m not reading too much into any of it, I was just happy for the little gals get away.  I will totally do it again!
  • Options
    Glad you finally made it home, Leslie! I`m sorry that you seemed to have the same experience as some of us were having. However, there is some comfort in knowing we were all kind of in the same boat. Now we need to just keep plugging away, and forget about it until 4/27!