WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    mompreneurmompreneur subscriber Posts: 1

I watched the Oprah show and the winners, I have to admit I was really disappointed with the 8 finalist.  I couldn`t believe they couldn`t even pick 10 finalist.  Nevertheless, did anyone notice that blueberry pound cake that flashed across at the top of the show from the Westchester trade show.  I sure would like to find out more about that product.  It looked absolutely delightfull!!!

Let me guess...the blueberry pound cake was yours? 
    What I am disappointed in is the fact that fellow entrepreneurs are putting down the women who were chosen for the show.  As someone who is trying to get a product to market, we all have felt negative energy from friends or family telling us that we will fail.   Why do you feel that you need to put that negative energy towards another entrepreneur who is out there pursuing their dream?!?!?  I give a big round of applause to all of those women!!!  Regardless of whether I would buy the product, they took their idea and did something with it.     The disappointment is the sour grapes!
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Mompreneur - I completely agree. There were a few items that I personally would not purchase myself, but I`m sure there is a market for all of them. Kudos to all of the women who were chosen!!
  • Options
    Mylittlesecret912Mylittlesecret912 subscriber Posts: 0
    Well you guessed wrong, and as you have your opinion about the winners, so do I.  And I`m not a sour grape, I`m happy for anyone pursuing their dream, however I just felt like there were other products out there that should have made it.  You are one creating negative energy by making negative remarks about others comment.  You sound more like the "Sour Grape"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mylittlesecret9122007-5-18 21:29:6
  • Options
    I`m not creating negative energy...I`m just defending the women who were picked by QVC to be on the show.   I just don`t understand why it`s fellow entrepreneurs feel that it`s ok to tell others their product didn`t deserve to be chosen.    You are entitled to your opinion - of course - but maybe you should think that you might be hurtful to someone else when you are giving it.   No one is trashing your dream.

• Options
    Mylittlesecret912Mylittlesecret912 subscriber Posts: 0
    I don`t feel it necessary for you to even comment on my opinion, I`m not "trashing" anyones dreams, neither did I say anything hurtful.  I`m not sure who made you the spokesperson for critizing others comment, however I think for your sake and others, you refrain from critizing others opinion and stick with creating a pleasurable communications environment, oppose to causing such havoc!!!!  Mylittlesecret9122007-5-19 21:45:16
  • Options
    bookloverbooklover subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    Does everyone know that RCTOYS product can help children with special
    needs.  Children who otherwise would not be able to create art
    would have the ability to do so with a remote control! That`s a big
    idea.
  • Options
    mylittlesecret - I am truly not trying to create conflict here.   I`m just truly baffled at the lack of support coming from an entrepreneur community.   I`ve just read the comments and have seen a lot of people who`ve written that they are "dissapointed" in the finalists.   So you have basically told someone on this board you don`t feel they should have made it on the show....because there`s at least one if not a few of those finalist who have posted here.
  • Options
    RCTOYSRCTOYS subscriber Posts: 2
    Booklover - Thank you - you made my day! 
  • Options
    Hi all - I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be talking to StartUp Nation tomorrow afternoon sometime between 4-5EST on their Radio show.   
    Gwen
    RC ART
    www.rcarttoys.com</A>
  • Options
    KelleeKellee subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Chris, the Dippy Chick!
    Congratulations on getting on Daily Candy LA!! GREAT EXPOSURE!!
    How did you do that??
    Kellee
  • Options
    I have stepped away from the board for a little while because there really is very little time in the day but I`m happy to be back to share the news that the Color Bug is FINALLY on the shelves.  It has been an exciting ride and it`s great to have communities like this to share it with!  Hope all of you are finding success in 2007!!
  • Options
    JeannieJeannie subscriber Posts: 8
    Congratulations RC Toys! I`m very happy for you!

All The Best!

Jeannie Lit
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Yeah Gwen!!!! 
    It`s an exciting time down here in the south too.
    I just got word that my first 100 sets are being airfreighted this morning.  ( I actually have the FedEx Tracking number!!!)  The rest of the run is coming via ocean to arrive in January, but I wanted to make sure I had some in time to fill the online orders I have for stocking stuffers.  It`s so funny to look back at this thread and read how far we`ve come. 
    YIPEE!!!
    (This is so much fun!)
  • Options
    YEAH LESLIE!!! 
    Mary Kay - I don`t have any sales reps yet.  All of my contacts have been made through the toy fair or directly by me.  If that changes, I will be sure to pass along the name.  I see you have gotten your product out there as well - congrats to you!!!  Will you be at Toy Fair in Feb?
  • Options
    lesismorelesismore subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey RC Toycs...do you have a booth at the Toy Fair...or just networked with some...