WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    JanedoeJanedoe subscriber Posts: 0
    Oh my goodness...I think people here think I won....No I didn`t! (I posted yesterday) I am moving forward with plan B now. I don`t dwell in negative energy- I don`t have time!
    My judge said to submit if I didn`t win either way...so thats what I am doing.
    My web site is www.ezrabbitfencing.com</A>
    Leslie, thanks for the info on EDI
  • Options
    b4betsyb4betsy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Janedoe,
    I am a vendor for a company called GSI Commerce who handles websites for many large companies...NFLshop.com, MLBshop.com, KateSpade.com, to name a few.  To become a vendor, they require your ability to drop ship within 48 hours of someone placing the order.  What it means is that you must have inventory and the ability to ship directly to the consumer.
    They also ask about EDI capability, which as someone else already said, is an expensive process because you need the equipment, software and there is a monthly fee.  Plus,  you either need someone on staff or an IT person who is familiar with EDI.  EDI is the processing center for the actual order and is useful for vendors with high sales volume.
    GSI only requires EDI if they/you anticipate high volume immediately.  If not, they will email you orders as they come in to process, in-house.
    Hope that helps!  We just went through it and had to learn all about it!
    Betsy

• Options
    Have you heard anything yet????  HOW FRUSTRATING!  Sorry!

• Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7

Have you heard anything yet????  HOW FRUSTRATING!  Sorry!

Hi Betsy...I wasn`t sure if your post was meant for me, but in any case - NO!! I have not heard a thing!
    I have been checking my email all day long, and it`s making me crazy. I`m sure by now that it`s a no for the Oprah show obviously, but this makes my mind wander, wondering if QVC would still be interested. Who knows??

• Options
    Thanks Martyvan,
    I did check my bulk mail, and even my trash to see if I deleted it by accident. I definately did not get the email.
    I`m not reading anything into this at all. I think my email must have bounced for some reason, and since it was Friday, they will not get the list of bounced emails until Monday. I`m sure I will be notified tomorrow!

• Options
    Ok guys, just got off the phone with QVC vendor relations. It`s official . I`ve been

However, she did say QVC would contact entrants within about a month, if they are interested in pursuing a product. So...hey, you never know - you could be getting a call or an email from them one of these days.
     storybookstudio2007-4-30 14:1:18
  • Options
    dianadiana subscriber Posts: 2
    sorry melissa...
    you must have been going bonkers. i think all of us that heard have some peace now. that`s great qvc may call some of us in the future. I was doing some research and i was told there are alot on cons working with qvc, one being trying to control your products, whatever that means.
    hope you can sleep good again
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    Melissa,
    Glad that`s over for you, sorry it ruined your weekend that way.
    Diana,
    Yeah, I`ve read some of the same stuff about QVC.  Mixed blessing.  Remember, they are in the business to meet their needs, not the vendor`s per se.  That said I would have taken the spot, but I am not crushed that we are now going another way. 
    Can`t wait to see what products won!
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    So now we have to keep this post going for another month to see if anyone calls the QVC call back 
  • Options
    Thanks guys! It did drive me a little crazy, but I managed to get through it by doing some SERIOUS work in the yard this weekend.
    Yes, QVC is all about their bottom line - but then who isn`t? I will re-submit my product to them in a few months. For me, it may just be that it`s a children`s craft product - and that may not work for their target market.
    It was exciting to be involved in it at all - and I`m excited to see who wins too!

• Options
    KelleeKellee subscriber Posts: 0
     RCTOYS,
    I just received an email notice from Mompreneursonline.com and  KWGN in Denver is looking for Denver based Mompreneurs for a segment for next week. We are based in LA so it won`t help us but I remembered that you were in Denver. If you are interested, you probably should join Mompreneursonline.  The segment producer`s email address is gselby.cw2.com
    Hope this helps!
    Kellee
  • Options
    RCTOYSRCTOYS subscriber Posts: 2
    Kellee,
    I am a member on mompreneursonline.com as well and saw the posting but THANK YOU for thinking of me.  I`m impressed you remembered.   I have already contacted her and forwarded it on to my "mompreneur" girlfriends as well.  
    I will let you know when I hear back.
  • Options
    Melissa,
    Sorry you didn`t make it!  But let`s hope we all get calls next month from QVC!
    Lots of great products here!!

• Options
    NetmomNetmom subscriber Posts: 5
    OMG did Oprah air where you all are yet? I saw it and can`t wait to hear what you all thought of the winner! I don`t want to ruin it for you if you haven`t seen it yet...
  • Options
    really???? That`s awesome! I can`t wait to see it!!