WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    TheTrueShutUpGirlTheTrueShutUpGirl subscriber Posts: 0

To Melissa,
    Wow! I really love your product... What a cool idea! There are so many young teens that would love this item, especially during the Summer. Positive minds - Positive Creativity!
     TheTrueShutUpGirl2007-5-6 23:55:24
  • Options
    TheTrueShutUpGirlTheTrueShutUpGirl subscriber Posts: 0
    To Grill Charmer,
    Love your product too! Very unique and fun.

• Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    Well, Lock`N`bake sure isn`t being distributed anywhere I can find right now.  HS doesn`t archive their old catalogs.  According to the HS website the pan was on display at its Michigan Avenue store in 2004/2005.  In all fairness, that could have been where I saw it.  I can`t document that it was ever actually on sale anywhere, so maybe it never got beyond the prototype stage even with the notoriety. So OK, it is Next Big Idea, not New Idea, and current distribution seemed important to QVC.  Be interesting if the HS and Time features begin working into the press releases.  Hope she sells a boat load..   
    FEASTer2007-5-7 8:22:33
  • Options
    poopourripoopourri subscriber Posts: 1
    lesismore you are hired!  Do you have any examples of your work?  send them to my private message box.  Thanks dear.  
    poopourri2007-5-10 10:48:1
  • Options
    SolvedSolved subscriber Posts: 0

Hi guys,
    I have a question about the QVC contest.  How much time was there inbetween the time the finalists were notified and the time that they were announced publically?  I have an invention submitted for the GMA contest and the only information I have is that the finalists will be announced on the 12th of May and the winner will be announced on the 13th of May!  I cannot imagine that they would wait until the 12th to contact the finalists - especially if they wanted them to appear on the show.  Boo Hoo - waiting is soo hard!
    Thanks!
    Julie
    Hi Julie,
    Here is the response from GMA regarding your inquiry!
    FAQ Q: When will the finalists be notified? Have they been chosen / notified? My daughter is getting married that weekend so I need to know whether we need to make adjustments to the wedding, am I among the finalists? When do I know whether it is OK for me to pursue other options with my invention? A: The semi-finalists have been contacted and while it is possible changes can be made until the episode airs on Saturday, May 12th, we dont expect to be contacting additional entrants. Be sure to tune into Good Morning America on Saturday May 12th to see the three finalists. Online voting will occur following after the program. Check your local listings for the channel and program times for ABC`s Good Morning America Weekend.    

• Options
    beemergirlbeemergirl subscriber Posts: 0

Thank you solved..  I am sad, but at least I now know.
    Julie 

• Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    I just stared a new thread in "pep rally" regarding our friend Solved, but in case you missed it.....
    "I thought this topic rather fitting for this forum.  We need to rally the SuN troops for a fellow member who will be featured live on national TV tomorrow.
    Our very own SuN member and Market Place lister "Solved" is one of the 3 finalists that will be on Good Morning America Weekend Edition live on Sat morning @ 7:00am.  Viewers have until midnight to vote & then finalists will return on Mother`s Day`s morning to hear the announcement of the winner.  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2863929&page=1</A>
    Her invention is called the Buggy 911.  It is a stroller first aid kit that securely attaches on the outside of any stroller allowing for easy access without taking up precious space in the diaper bag -or- stroller basket.  You can even break the stroller down & the Buggy 911 remains accessible.  It has all of the essentials of a first aid kit & more!  It has a place for emergency contact info, allergy information, insurrance cards..& even a clasp to hold a set of spare keys.
    Just thought I`d share the exciting news and let everyone know that SuN members are doing LOTS of great things!  CONGRADULATIONS Solved!!  (aka Carolyn)"
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Congrats Carolyn!! Great idea! I also love the Kart Katcher
  • Options
    RCTOYSRCTOYS subscriber Posts: 2
    Annie - Thank you for the note of Congratulations.   I feel honored to be a part of the show. 
    I want to say congrats to Carolyn for getting on GMA. 
  • Options
    Leslie, a HUGE thank you for the Pep Rally, that was so kind. 
    Thank you all so much..Melissa, Chris & RC Toys!! 
    They are picking me up in 5 hrs!!  Hope you all can watch & please vote for your favorite, no matter who it is!
    I`ll be back on the board to let you know how it was..thanks again for all of the support.  You all are such a wealth of knowledge & I am thrilled to be a part of this community! Solved2007-5-11 23:58:32
  • Options
    JeannieJeannie subscriber Posts: 8
    Hey Solved,
    Saw you today on GMA and I voted for you! Great idea! I wish you all the best! Good Luck!
    Jeannie
  • Options
    Thank you so much Jeannie!
    I know it is too late to ask people to vote (time expires @ 9:00pm EST), but here is the link just in case a few SuNies are up late tonight!!
     http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3160236</A>
    Best,
    Carolyn
  • Options
    Oh my gosh..sorry, Mary Kay, I had totally missed your posting!  A big thank you to you as well!!
  • Options
    CookieCookie subscriber Posts: 2
    Don`t want to sound like sour grapes but I can`t imagine making a lasagna in the Bake `n` Lock.  It would ooze all over the place when the sides are taken down unless you have a really firm lasagna & how good would that be.  For a cake?  Sure it works but it`s almost like, so what.  The gadget for cut flowers?  Frogs for the bottoms of vases have been around forever.  A wreath with clips for Christmas cards?  Seen `em at craft days in small towns.  I found most of the choices really disappointing. 
    I tried out for Oprah`s show in 2003. Her people chose 30 inventors from around the country.  The inventors auditioned Oct. 5 at Harpo Studios & QVC chose the 7 or 8 who appeared on the Oprah Show 2 days later.  Those of us who weren`t chosen were invited to the taping on the 7th.  The audience voted for the winner (PoKnee) who later sold his product on QVC.  One of the finalists (PetTalk) wrote a follow-up letter to QVC.  She must have struck someone`s fancy there because she ended up getting a shot on QVC as well.  So folks, there`s still hope if you can stay on their radar screen. 
    I had no qualms about trying out again this year because although I sell WEDGIE in a bunch of stores, it`s not the kind of wide distribution you get with QVC.  If anything, maybe QVC likes you to have a bit of a track record so that they know customers will buy your product.  Who knows what figures into their selections:  newness or not, price point, shipping considerations....  It seems SO arbritary.
    Congrats to RCToys & Buggy 911.  For the rest of us, let`s just keep pluggin` away!
  • Options
    Mylittlesecret912Mylittlesecret912 subscriber Posts: 0
    I watched the Oprah show and the winners, I have to admit I was really disappointed with the 8 finalist.  I couldn`t believe they couldn`t even pick 10 finalist.  Nevertheless, did anyone notice that blueberry pound cake that flashed across at the top of the show from the Westchester trade show.  I sure would like to find out more about that product.  It looked absolutely delightfull!!!