WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    dianadiana subscriber Posts: 2
    yes
     i thought we had to be manufactured too. i wish they could have been a little more specific as to what they were looking for.
    i have one more shot at oprah and will find out may 18th. i`ve been through the disappointment so i am ready for it again...we`ll see
  • Options
    dianadiana subscriber Posts: 2
    chris
     see...if you would have been picked for oprah you might have missed that big phone call
    that is great news!!
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Welcome TheTrueShutUpGirl - cool product. Very trendy!
    Chris -How great is that??!! Sounds like you are doing very well all on your own. That`s fantastic.
    Production has started on my first kit "Sweet Shoppe Birthday Party". I can`t wait to start selling! I`m compiling a list of stores to send product info to. I would love suggestions if anyone happens to think of a store where my product might be a good fit.

storybookstudio2007-5-3 21:47:1
  • Options
    beemergirlbeemergirl subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi guys,
    I have a question about the QVC contest.  How much time was there inbetween the time the finalists were notified and the time that they were announced publically?  I have an invention submitted for the GMA contest and the only information I have is that the finalists will be announced on the 12th of May and the winner will be announced on the 13th of May!  I cannot imagine that they would wait until the 12th to contact the finalists - especially if they wanted them to appear on the show.  Boo Hoo - waiting is soo hard!
    Thanks!
    Julie

• Options

Hi Everyone,
    I`m new to this forum. I was really happy to read everyone`s communication about QVC and this event. I was at the LA show and was rejected too. I watched the Oprah show today and was surprised that they couldn`t pick 10 finalist......Also, I thought QVC wanted us to be manufactured ready.
    Feeling Happy for Everyone,
    The True ShutUp Girl
    http://shutup.ws</A>

Hi everyone. I started a Sales Lead Swap - here`s the link to the post:
    http://www.startupnation.com/forums/5270/1/1</A>
    This is for anyone who wants to trade info on local retailers or businesses! MaryKay gave me the idea, because she was so sweet to forward information about a local store in her area!
    TrueShutUpGirl - I know of a store in my area that might be a great fit for your product. I`ll send it to you in a PM. Be sure to check out the Sales Lead Swap thread if you have a minute!
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Melissa, GREAT post!  Sales lead thread... AWESOME!  I`ll get right over there in a sec.
    TrueShutUpGirl- great photos on the website!  too cool
    Chris, OMG that is FANTASTIC!!!  You MUST tell me who the big store is once you can and it`s in there.  That is soooo cool!!!  Yep, it`s going to be a great year!!
  • Options
    Thanks Leslie - I`m hoping that we can all benefit from swapping info!! 
    Hey guys...just a reminder to vote in the Markplace Listing Contest. It ends today at 5 PM ET!
    http://www.startupnation.com/forums/5159/1/1</A>
     It`s down the nitty gritty between my listing and Junk in Our Trunk.
    Please vote for your favorite finalist, for a chance to win $500 in prizes ;0)
  • Options
    poopourripoopourri subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi ladies, wow things have been crazy here!  I posted our press release on PRWeb (cost $80 to post and $300 for someone to write it) and we have received inquiries from Daily Candy, the Tonight Show as well as a few radio stations..oh and our local TV station is doing a segment on our product.  I knew the PRWeb was a shot in the dark but its paid off for us.  You might want to try posting a release there if you have one.  I hope everything is going well for all after the QVC deal.  xoxo suzy
  • Options
    lesismorelesismore subscriber Posts: 0
    you paid 300 dollars for a press release written...next time come to me...I`m a writer and I will do it for 100 a press release...and I can send you clients that I have written for...
  • Options
    pupcentricpupcentric subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,I`ve been reading this thread for a few months now and finally decide to join the group! I actually purchased some poopourri this week to put in my mom`s mother`s day gift basket (Suzy, I just got a response email from you when I asked about the shipping of my order last week, hope it arrives before I leave on Friday!)I also participanted in the Oprah/QVC search and just like most, wasn`t selected. Recently I was reading a QVC community posting and I found something very strange to me.  There were two links about the winning product, both caused me to raise an eyebrow...I want to see if anyone on here agrees:This pan made the TIME Magazine`s Coolest Inventions of 2004!?! http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=309005 in the picture of the winner and her pan is a Hammacher Schlemmer box!?!?I am in no way a bitter loser, just a very confused one. I think Oprah/QVC`s team may have rushed into this a little too fast and not check all their facts. Obviously, this product has been on the market for a while and has nation wide distribution. I have seen so many deserving individuals on this thread and it upsets me that an inventor who has certainly had previous success with the same product was allowed to participate in the NEXT Big Idea! It was the next big idea in 2004! Please if someone can help me understand this, please do so, cause I truly don`t understand.
    pupcentric2007-5-6 21:53:22
  • Options
    Oh and just to clarify...my daddy is the stinky one, my mother will go nuts to have a product to finally rid her of my daddy`s stink! She even has an automatic air freshner in the bathroom, had one for YEARS...way before they came on the mainstream market! So I can`t wait to get that poopourri to her LoL
    pupcentric2007-5-6 21:12:48
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    pupcentric,Wow.  Looks identical to me.  Same name, even.  Really cheapens the whole process.  Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy . . . or worse yet, those in charge just don`t care. Nice detective work. 
  • Options
    FEASTer,This IS the same product, the same lady is listed as the inventor with the picture of her. Same product, same inventor, same everything! I realized that this was info worth sharing with SuN, I just know how much many of you have worked to get your products out there and were waiting to get this break on Oprah. It really does cheapen it and as we know from Oprah`s book club experience, they don`t always do their homework. I agree...sloppy, sloppy, sloppy...
  • Options
    To respond to Chris...My guess is that it won in 2004 and lost steam, sometimes these things don`t work as great as we think they will to boost national sales and attention, but to be listed as the winner of a previous product search and to be in TIME magazine still raises my brow.
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    Let me do some digging.  Maybe HS never actually distributed the product which would leave the door open for this contest. 
    FEASTer2007-5-7 14:35:56