WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    Outstanding!  Hope they go all the way and beyond!  I knew someone was holding out on us.  Hope they share the whole scoop.Anyway -- Congrats and hurrah!
  • Options
    WorkinmomWorkinmom subscriber Posts: 0
    I`m going nuts waiting to see today`s show, but ours doesn`t air here until 5 pm ... what worries me is that it might be pre-empted by all the local coverage of the Queen`s visit here in Richmond, VA    but what I REALLY logged in to share is that since I was HERE and not crazy with the Oprah opportunity, the COOLEST thing happened yesterday ... THREE of my items were picked by a local gift basket company (hired by our Governor Kaine to prepare two gorgeous gift baskets) ... one will be presented to Queen Elizabeth today and the other to President Bush in a couple of days.  Sooooo I guess it was meant to be that I was here (and not on cloud nine in the world of Oprah) so at least I can know that my fabric gift bags and beverage holders are regal, royal and presidential!  Perhaps not as lucrative for business growth, but I`ll take it anyway!  Good for the ego at least.  Just wishing my Mom were here to share it with since the ole hubby had nothing to offer but a sarcastic remark.  Geeez!Thanks for letting me share (ok, brag, sorry)  tee hee!Leslie #3, aka Workinmom
  • Options
    lesismorelesismore subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey Leslie:

You need to write a press release and get it in the newspapers...right away--YOu need to jump on this now.
    Also named Leslie
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Workinmom - That is FANTASTIC!! I`m so happy for you - and yes, I hope you are working on your press release!
  • Options
    JanedoeJanedoe subscriber Posts: 0
    Ok everyone -any comments on the show?
    Lock n bake was a great idea. I really don`t understand how the rest of  products made the show- and they only picked 8?!. The only thing I could think of  is that they are very light, small and easy to ship- Qvc would make a mint on shipping.

• Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    I didn`t get to see the Lock n Bake - saw everything else though, and I agree - I don`t get it. The peeler was a good idea, I did like the little bug drawing thing.
    The eyeshadow was just not my cup of tea. Maybe if she had them in more neutral colors? That segment of the show was funny though.
    Who was the SUNer???

• Options
    Yeah, I couldn`t pick out the SuNer.  Dying to know.
  • Options
    justjoyjustjoy subscriber Posts: 0
    Congratulations Workinmom! What an honor and a once in a lifetime opportunity! I too had a fantastic door open last week, the same day the QVC door closed. I am where I am supposed to be.I too am wondering why they only picked 8.
  • Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    It was our very own Gwen!!!  RCTOYS!!!  Our fellow SuNer and mompreneursonline.com gal.  And a big ol CONGRATS to Leslie #3!!! 
  • Options
    lesismorelesismore subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey:  I just found out that my product is great for children with autisim. One of my clients who has two children with autisim said Les Mess is great for children because it has rules you need to follow--and you can read the card and get something at the end.
    Now, what do I do with this information?  I`m worried that people will think I want to make money off this horrible afflication...so many I should give a discount to children with austisim.
  • Options
    Go Gwen!  Catch the wind!And tell us all about it!  When did you hear?  Did they threaten you if you told?  Are they giving you a shot anyway?
  • Options

Now, what do I do with this information?  I`m worried that people will think I want to make money off this horrible afflication...so many I should give a discount to children with austisim.Not to worry.  If you were charging more to the autistic then maybe, but the people I`ve worked with are happy for any help.  Drug companies make money selling insulin to diabetics and there are those who complain, but not the diabetics.  They know what life would be like without the help insulin gives them.You have a real chance to change lives for the better.  Take it. FEASTer2007-5-3 19:10:43
  • Options
    KelleeKellee subscriber Posts: 0
    CONGRATULATIONS GWEN RCTOYS!!!
    It was sooooo exciting watching you on Oprah!! You were terrific!!

• Options
    TheTrueShutUpGirlTheTrueShutUpGirl subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Everyone,
    I`m new to this forum. I was really happy to read everyone`s communication about QVC and this event. I was at the LA show and was rejected too. I watched the Oprah show today and was surprised that they couldn`t pick 10 finalist......Also, I thought QVC wanted us to be manufactured ready.
    Feeling Happy for Everyone,
    The True ShutUp Girl
    http://shutup.ws</A>
  • Options
    GirlNextDoorGirlNextDoor subscriber Posts: 1

Congrats Gwen & Leslie!
    I got some good news today too. A buyer of a big supermarket chain here in New England emailed me totally out of the blue and said that she loves my products and wants to put them in a few stores. My products are also featured in a magazine editorial and I will be on the radio (a women-entrepreneur show) later this month. I`m pretty stoked. It makes not being chosen by QVC easier to handle for sure.

What was Gwen`s product?

What was Leslie`s product?