WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Thanks Moondog! The hats sound really cute!
    I sent you a message before..did you get it? Yeah, maybe no news is good news..

• Options
    MoondogMoondog subscriber Posts: 0
    Melissa,
    Forgive me I am not up to speed with yet, I am a newbe.
  • Options
    No, don`t worry about it! I was just asking if you had heard from QVC yet...but sounds like you didn`t. I guess we`ll have to wait all weekend!!

• Options
    No I have not heard anything. But when I spoke with vendor relations the
    woman informed me that they were choosing the top ten for Oprah, and
    then they notify all other parties with there intrest in there product ( not for
    Oprah.

That is just one theory. Mabye there just waiting to get this portion overwith.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    Personally I`m glad this is over.  Time to get back to work.  I really didn`t like the idea of giving QVC half of the pie.  I would have done it, but this is better in the long run.
  • Options
    I need to stop waiting for a respomce. I am shuttiing down for the night.

Do you think that theycould e-mail us this weekend?
  • Options
    I got a no this morning. Oh well time to move on.

Moondog2007-4-28 6:45:39
  • Options
    Did anyone get chosen? I will be watching Thursday and cheer you on.
    I cant wait to see the winners and their products.
  • Options
    I wonder why the emails took so long to reach everyone.  And it looks like they were looking for fashion items and cooking stuff. 
    Well, good luck to the Finalists, whoever they are.
  • Options
    JanedoeJanedoe subscriber Posts: 0
    Ok, I have a question qvc is asking if I am drop ship capable. Is that the same as having a container of fence shipped to them directly from China?
    They also ask if I am EDI (electronic data interchange)capable. Is this the same as the UPC code?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    WorkinmomWorkinmom subscriber Posts: 0
    Janedoe,EDI is a big deal and not inexpensive ... it`s an electronic link between the supplier and seller (an example would be like if you sold your widgets in Home Depot when they got low on stock your EDI communications would let each other know how many and what size/color needed restocking ... there`s much more to it, but years ago when Lowe`s explained it to me it would have been a very expensive investment).  My GUESS on the drop ship would be to interpret that they electronically send you the order and you ship to the consumer, but that`s not normally how they work things with QA to their customers.  QVC has big distrubution centers.Others here may have better answers.Cheers from Leslie in VA (aka Workinmom) P.S.  I can also stop wondering about the Oprah thing and get back to business!
  • Options
    Janedoe - how exciting!! I believe EDI is a system that allows you to communicate inventory, sales, ect between yourself and your vendor. I think there a number of companies that can set you up with this service. Does anyone else have any input here?
    BTW...still haven`t heard from QVC. Did they call or email you?
    Good luck - I hope it all works out!! I`m excited for you!

• Options
    Hi janedoe,

Sorry, I cant help you with your question. Were you one of the chosen few?

Congrads if you were.

What is you poduct? I was just wondering what products QVC was looking
    for.

Best of luck!

• Options
    Janedoe,
    That`s great!  Sell a ton!
  • Options
    WorkinmomWorkinmom subscriber Posts: 0
    Janedoe,Good news ... I was reading up on EDI (Wikipedia is helpful for this one) and found that there are EDI "service bureaus" that you can outsource to if the initial set up, training, etc., can`t be cost justified.  Remember, just because they ask, doesn`t mean they require it.  My QVC order in `97 didn`t require EDI nor did I drop ship (but they didn`t ask).  It was a one-time $10K deal on a limited edition product.  It was a fun experience, nevertheless.  If only I could find that dang VHS tape!    All I have is one still photo but good memories!Good luck!!!Leslie in VA