WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

(Untitled)

Comments

• Options
    MoondogMoondog subscriber Posts: 0
    The number to contact QVC vender relations @1-888-639-4836 .

I did not see Oprah today.

Maybe no news is good news.

Good luck.
  • Options
    storybookstudiostorybookstudio subscriber Posts: 7
    Thanks Moondog. I did email them, and called the number you gave me in addition to the number I had. Of course, their offices are closed now.
    Thanks for the optimistic perspective. I know that I would have been contact by now if I were a finalist. It just stinks that I didn`t get an email.

• Options
    GirlNextDoorGirlNextDoor subscriber Posts: 1
    I got my short and cordial letter...just opened it now.  I have to admit, I`m pretty upset about it.  I honestly thought my product and how I presented it was perfect for Oprah`s next big idea.  I seriously felt God gave me the idea and this is exactly how He wanted me to share it with the world. Now I`m worried that I shared it before getting a patent.  I can pretty much guarantee my product will be on the market soon, and maybe by someone else first.
  • Options
    GirlNextDoorGirlNextDoor subscriber Posts: 1
    oh....and...I want to tell so many of you that I`m sorry this wasn`t your opportunity to knock your product out of the park.  I believe in many of your products and am quite shocked some of you didn`t make it. 
    It makes me feel a little better that other WONDERFUL ideas were not accepted.   Perhaps what they have to show on Oprah is going to beyond what we could even imagine.  On second thought...no..I don`t feel a little better that other ideas that I thought were wonderful have not been accepted.  GirlNextDoor2007-4-27 18:4:4
  • Options
    poopourripoopourri subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks, do you know how to get a sample and press release to Daily Candy?  thanks for all the help.  I was at a store today and they were raving over the product, purchased it for the store and said we would change the world.  Not sure why so many people love it, buy it and QVC didn`t.  Oh well, life goes on.  
    poopourri2007-4-27 17:54:17
  • Options
    I`m sorry that you didn`t get in, GirlNextDoor. It`s dissappointing to say the least. But, it doesn`t mean that you can`t submit it again. I think it has alot to do with what they were looking for in this particular contest - and also the buyer that you presented your product to. I wouldn`t be too worried about the patent. I highly doubt that QVC is out to steal ideas.
    It sure does seem like everyone got the email but me, which is really surprising. I`ve checked my bulk mail and everything. I`m pretty upset, because I just wanted to be done with it. Now I have to wait until at least Monday to follow up with them.
  • Options
    JeannieJeannie subscriber Posts: 8
    Hey Melissa, I watched Oprah today, and the finalists were not announced today. I believe it will be announced next week.
  • Options
  • Options
    FEASTerFEASTer subscriber Posts: 0
    The Finalists will appear next Thursday.  Is that the 3rd of May?  Thursday whatever the date is. 
  • Options
    I just went to Oprah web site and next Thursday the are having the finalists
    on. you wont believe who the judges are Paula Dean and Carson Kressley
    fron Queer Eye show.

They will make wonderful judges.

I wish them all the best of luck.

i am still waiting.

• Options
    JanedoeJanedoe subscriber Posts: 0
    Wow....I can`t believe someone here didn`t make it! You all have great products. Well...qvc must be looking for a certain type of product then.
    I went ahead and resubmitted my products to them tonight. I guess I wait 3 weeks for them to contact me for a sample. My product is perfect for their patio and garden show.
    I am pretty bummed too but more determined than ever. We all walked away with experience and more knowledge. Don`t feel bad because qvc already has in mind what they want to sell. If someone knows i`d like to know...
    Whats funny is 2 days ago my manufacturer screwed up big time with my order.I actually got dizzy when I read his email. I couldn`t believe how such a simple mistake could be made. So I was sort of hoping the qvc wouldn`t go through till I work thing out with him. (Wish i had a translator) 
    I can`t believe I worked it out in 24 hours. I worked the "mistake" into my new design. I have contacted customers on the waiting list and just hope they understand.The fencing is actually going to be better now.
    That sucks qvc didn`t get out all the bad news. People need closure.Geez!

• Options
    You have a great attitude Janedoe - and that is great about the mistake turning into a positive!

• Options
    graceybabegraceybabe subscriber Posts: 0
    Melissa, Love your stuff
    I have not heard from them either.  Best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Options
    Hi graceybabe! Thank you for the kind words ;0)
    I`m sorry that you didn`t hear back - but, doesn`t it feel a little better knowing you`re not the only one? I`m thinking they must have had an issue with their email servers kicking back a group of emails.
    What did you present - would you mind sharing?
  • Options
    Melissa,

I love your stuff. I reminds me of when my children where little. I loved
    dressing my kids with similar products. I would emblish childrens sailor
    hats with ribbons and bows. The sailor caps would look great with you
    products,

Maybe no news is good news.

Good luck