WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Could We Create a Business Together?

Comments

• Options
    NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
    it comes to mind that if we are voting for leaders, we should probably begin talking about how you qualify to become a part of this project.
    Besides knowing how to qualify for participation, I am wondering what specific skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are needed. 
  • Options
    CreativeGalCreativeGal subscriber Posts: 2
    Everyone,
    I`m going to present something here, and if you want me to make a poll for it, I`ll be glad to do so.  We`ve had various discussion here concerning privacy for communicating, keeping up with members, having a secure database, sending email (to various people at one time)etc.  I looked around today and found some database ideas so that as soon as we select point leaders, we can begin looking at WHO can do what (along with all the other things we have to figure out). 
    Well, after a great deal of time with a few options, I came back to my first conclusion...we should be using Yahoo Groups.  I am presenting this idea because it is an easy and fast solution.  We can make the group private, have polls, files, and databases where each person can update their own information.   We can easily assign Moderator rights to anyone when they need it. Only those we invite will know about the group and be able to join. 
    Whenever a more sophisticated solution is available, we can switch to it immediately.  The downside is that we will be outside of the SuN Community website;   We can think of it as a supplement to SuN, not a replacement.  However, the advantages (immediate advantages I might add) are very strong.  It`s something that we can begin using NOW! 
    I have just created a group that we can use (or we can create a new one...makes no difference to me) if everyone can agree it`s a go...at least until something better comes along.
    Comments??
    CG(If you would like to join the group I have created to take a look at it before deciding, please send me a private message and I`ll send you an invitation)

• Options
    stevesteve subscriber Posts: 14
    hold up everyone...... we`ve gone off into left field!
    I`m requesting all interested parties review pages 19 and 20 of this topic. 
    Please start by taking note of IdeasandInnovations suggestion
    (the last comment on page 19).  He aimed us in a
    good direction and we were on course at that point.  See if
    you can find where we changed course and hung a left.  Here`s
    a hint..... it begins to happen on page 20.

MiteyMite, you`re pasting your link URL
    after the "http://" in the link pop-up. You`re ending up with 
    "http://http://www..." which doesn`t work. You need to replace the
    existing text in the pop-up, or only paste what`s after the "http://"
    in order to get a link that works.

Here are the links again: page 19 and page 20

• Options
    rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi All,
    Lets elect somone to be in charge an co-ordinate step 1.
    I nominate MiteyMite
    Anyone second the motion?
    Any other nominations for the job?
  • Options
    Hi All,
    Lets elect somone to be in charge an co-ordinate step 1.
    I nominate MiteyMite
    Anyone second the motion?
    Any other nominations for the job?OK, RexieDexie. You`re supposed to be 12 hours ahead of us, not a couple of days behind. We already have three nominees and an election going on.

Plus we appear to have a lot of comments on the election thread from
    people who have only joined StartupNation in the last two days. What`s
    up with that?

RexieDexie, you know I`m just having fun with you. When you pull the
    plug, does the water in  the bath tub really spin the other
    direction down there?
  • Options
    BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5

Hey Vince~ you brought up a good point.  I hope project participation will continue to be open to and encouraged by ALL members of SUN.
    With the Sun Member Projects we`ll be creating much more here than just successful businesses.  We will be creating opportunities..... opportunities to learn, teach, grow and collaborate with other members.  It would be a wonderful thing if those opportunities were spread as far and as wide throughout the SUN community as possible.

I agree.  I think that SUN has been great in allowing people with a variety of talents and varied degrees of experience to help each other and build business relationships.  If we can allow that to extend to include this business opportunity, it would be great.  I have seen the beginnings of seperating and exclusion and that bothers me a little bit. 

Has anyone thought of outsourcing to foreign countries, the way they outsource to us?  The need is out there, and it`s time we gave other countries a run for their money.

Blu
  • Options
    EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    Mitey Mite has again grabbed the sides of the faces in this forum, looked into our eyes, and said.....F O C U S!  (Why I voted for Mitey)
    IdeasandInnovations (Mike) laid down what has become the beginning of a focused effort. He mentioned the Point Man (or Point Leader)
    The point is the tip, the top, the start.  All matters of concern- business ideas, security concerns, communication, SuN`s role., and a way to ensure that ALL members of this thread are going to be addressed by the Point Leader.
    Remeber that it is not the Point Leader`s job make final decisions on these issues but it is the job of Point Leader to focus and organize all concerns in a manner that allows everyone to contribute and then make everyone aware of all of these concerns in an orderly fashion.
    Mike voiced a proposition that has now led to this vote. Now is the time to wait for the Point Leader. Please don`t fear that ideas will be ignored, or security will not be addressed. Considering ALL of the input on this thread up until this point AND all that comes after will be the responsibility of the Point Leader. 
     Eric2006-10-31 10:10:24
  • Options
    hold up everyone...... we`ve gone off into left field!
    I`m requesting all interested parties review pages 19 and 20 of this topic. 
    Please start by taking note of IdeasandInnovations suggestion
    (the last comment on page 19).  He aimed us in a
    good direction and we were on course at that point.  See if
    you can find where we changed course and hung a left.  Here`s
    a hint..... it begins to happen on page
    20.     MiteyMite, I for one need another clue. What do you mean?
  • Options
    EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    Yes Mitey,
    Which specific "left turn" are you referring to? I count about sixty something left turns thoughout this entire thread! LOL....do you see the path beginning to straighten or are we still veering wildly? I put on my seatbelt 20 pages back! 
  • Options
    REMINDER: VOTE!
    If you have not already done so, please make your vote for point person!
    ?TID=2399&PN=1
  • Options
    Everyone:
    I`d like to bring up another point that comes out of MMs message.   I agree that we need to stay focused and we get off track a bit.  For this reason, I am wondering if it is possible (or would even be valuable) to move the poll to close earlier?  
    It seems like we are in a "waiting mode" right now.   So then, while we`re "waiting" and "not getting off focus", what are we actually supposed to be "doing" or more accurately, "discussing".  (sorry for all the annoying quotes).
    Most people that want in this venture check the site daily and hopefully have voted.  Anyone who as not yet voted, please raise your hand!!  Sorry, I`m being so silly today, but it`s a festive day, and my creative mind is hungry for some action.
    What do you guys think about moving the poll up?  Can the poll date even be changed?  Just my 2 cents for the day...er hour!
    CG
  • Options
    What do you guys think about moving the poll
    up?  Can the poll date even be changed?  Just my 2 cents
    for the day...er hour!I thought Monday to Friday was a bit
    long. I`m all for moving it up.
  • Options
    From left field:
    Has anyone been paying attention to the legislation coming forth to
    tier internet access on a "subscription basis"?  There is a strong
    lobby for this and it deals not only with tiered pricing for speed, but
    for access, simliar to cable and sattelite subscriptions now.
    Although I truly hate the idea of having to pay a premium to use,
    let`s say, ebay, or SUN for that matter, I can`t help but think that if
    this is going to happen, how can we use it, or at least prepare for
    it? 
     can you provide links?
  • Options
    This is off topic, but I`m wondering if such a move for politics into the YouTube world could also mean legislation on free speech and content?  There`s already talk of using "Fairness Doctrine" against talk radio so that "the other side gets to have their say".  Can you imagine such a push on You Tube or any other internet site? 
    Sorry for the off topicness. 
    CG
  • Options
    rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Yes Steve
    The water does spin the right way down here. But my mind and thinking goes the other way sometimes.