WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Inspiring your Salespeople and Employees Beyond Money

JeffSloanJeffSloan administrator, subscriber Posts: 2 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in Grab Bag
StartupNation faithful,

Jeff Sloan, co-founder and CEO of StartupNation, here. Rich, the other co-founder and my brother, and I were recently featured in Costco Connection Magazine. The article pertains to tactics on how to inspire your salespeople and employees at your company. I would like to share the article with our forum members (linked below).

https://startupnation.com/grow-your-business/improve-sales-performance/inspire-your-salespeople/?utm_source=community%20&utm_medium=12058&utm_campaign=new-topic%20

Community, how do you inspire your employees? Let us know!
Jeff Sloan
Co-Founder
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Great article, Jeff! Thanks for sharing.

All of these were awesome tips, but I would add one thing. I believe this is true for employees of all industries, not just sales. It is important to connect with your employees on a human level. Praise them when they do good work, and when they don't, tell them how to improve, or what you want to see done differently, the next time instead of scolding them in front of the whole office.

If you have a small company, get to know each of your employees. Find out what drives them and what they're passionate about -- each person is an individual and driven by different motivating factors. Of course, you won't be able to do this at large corporations with thousands of employees, but leaders should take an interest in each employee that they can meet -- no matter how low on the totem pole that employee may be. This could be as simple as asking an employee how they're doing or how they like working at your company.

Just my opinion!
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC