WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

COSTCO CONNECTION | I Got Mine

iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
OK, I am about to read about The Startup Nation in the costco connection. I think I will even keep this one.Did you get yours?

Comments

• Options
    GiovannaGiovanna subscriber Posts: 0
    Costco Rocks. The pizzas are great...no comment on the Polish sausage.
    Giovanna2006-11-2 17:30:41
  • Options
    drdesignsdrdesigns subscriber Posts: 1
    Yep, I got mine. That`s the reason I`m here. I`ve been looking for
    something like this. I`ve been to local BNI meetings, it didn`t seem like
    quite the right fit, I`ve considered joining one of the ad clubs, but it`s in
    another town. This is perfect!

And our family LOVES Costco!! Anything connected to them has to be
    good.
  • Options
    GoldMountainMiningGoldMountainMining subscriber Posts: 4
    I was introduced to the Sloan Bros. through the Costco magazine. We are just starting to move the E side of our business from in-family only to hiring "outsiders" so knowing about this site is good timing.
  • Options
    friendsfirlifefriendsfirlife subscriber Posts: 4
    I am a new member, but I actually found startupnation doing a web search for pricing info yesterday morning.  I though it looked like a great site, joined, and then a few hours later got the mail with the Costco magazine in it and SuN on the cover!Can`t figure out if it is a weird coincidence or something about fate......
  • Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    I was introduced to the Sloan Bros. through the Costco magazine. We are just starting to move the E side of our business from in-family only to hiring "outsiders" so knowing about this site is good timing.
    Not sure what you have to pay more special attention to, the "outsiders" (who are true pros) or the "family members" (who may or may not be the best at what they do... take my brother, for example!
    ha! love ribbing him publicly...
    glad to have you aboard - hope our community and content will be magical ingredients for your growing business.
    best,
    rich
  • Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Rich, how does it feel to know I have your picture (from the mag) posted on a guys wall (mine). Oh, and were you really juggling or was that a photoshop trick? I personally cannot juggle more than two items... which really isn`t juggling is it.
  • Options
    are you throwing darts at it, vincent?!
    as for juggling, that was indeed real juggling. i`ve taught thousands of people to juggle (back when we were distributing and marketing the juggling kit the article talks about).
    should we organize a SUN juggling class? juggling torches, maybe?
    we`re all playing with fire as entrepreneurs anyway...
  • Options
    checksyeschecksyes subscriber Posts: 0
    I found SUN through Costco, too.  I`m a member, and I`ve been working with Costco for some time, introducing additional no-cost payment processing efficiencies for their business members. 
    It`s great to communicate with other entrepreneurs!
  • Options
    Richyou left out the best part.You guys bought a shipping container load!page 249
    degrees! true! but even beyond that, demand ramped up so big that we had the skins being flown in from London to our assembler in China and we had containers of African millet (the filling) being shipped across the Indian Ocean to the port in China. once all the materials were there, the Chinese would make the balls, print our insert (with the humor- and philosophy-filled instructions), and THEN that would be put on a container and shipped across the pacific (then trucked across the US) to FOB Detroit.
    all for juggling balls...
  • Options
    GoldMountainMiningGoldMountainMining subscriber Posts: 4
    all for juggling balls...
    We have an almost equally complicated process for supplying our salivating (literally) buyers with custom engraved sterling silver chewing tobacco lids!  Amazing what gymnastics we will go through in the service of our dear customers.
  • Options
    EspressoGalEspressoGal subscriber Posts: 0
    Alright, count me in. I too am here because of the Costco spread.   I need to learn all I can from those who have gone before me! 
  • Options
    AZworkingmomAZworkingmom subscriber Posts: 1
    Well Costco was not my way in. However, my friend who called me up in the middle of the day telling me to log on found you through Costco... Call me a second hand junkie!
    I am finding this site very useful indeed!
  • Options
    CaboBillCaboBill subscriber Posts: 13
    I found it when I got the mail for the office.  I found the article in the bosses edition.  I made a copy of "The Sloan Seven."  I am sooooo glad I did.  It was the greatest article I have ever read.  Rich, I truly felt like you and jeff were speaking directly to me saying, "Hey Bill!  The time is here!  your time is now!"  I can`t thank you enough.  Okay, that`s enough ego boosting.  Seriously, this is exactly what I have been looking for.
    Bill
  • Options
    bill,
    the compliment goes to CostCo for their vision to put the right material in front of their loyal customers - we`re just doing our work! and the article was really well-written, don`t you think?
    rich
  • Options
    JewlzJewlz subscriber Posts: 0
    I am also here because of the Costco Connection.  I am, however, ashamed to admit that I knew about SUN long before.  I just never took the time to really check it out.  I should be shot...