WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hello

euruseurus subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member
Hey guys,

I was a Marketer for a great tech company. When I first joined, I loved my job. I was learning a lot, I was passionate about what I was doing and about growing. Some of my coworkers who had been there for 10+ years already sort of just trudged around and laughed at my eagerness. I always wondered what their deal was.

After the first 2 years went by, my passion started decreasing a bit. Things started to get a bit repetitive and my passion all but disappeared. I would still excel at what I was doing, but it just wasn't as rewarding. 

Now I felt exactly the same way as my experienced colleagues did back when I first joined. Everything seemed to get stale: the coffee, the building, the work, the projects, the environment. 

Yeah I am still considering about leaving the company to have a start-up. But wondering if it was just a sudden boredom that made my mood down. Yeah it is just my little introduction for the reason that I signed up for this forum.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for sharing, @eurus. I think it's easy for a lot of us to feel like we're in a rut at our day job, and maybe daydream about starting our own venture. You should always follow your passion, but you must also understand that starting a business has a lot of ups-and-downs, and takes a lot of work and a lot of time before you can earn a profit (in most cases). 

Point being, start a business if that is what you want to do, StartupNation can help you get there, but clearly identify the risks of doing so and have a detailed plan ready before quitting your job and forfeiting your income source for a while. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    euruseurus subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited April 2017
    No problem, @eurus. I am a lot about people starting their own companies, and will always support it, but it obviously isn't all fun and games all of the time. Our mantra over here is to get people prepared for everything starting a business from the ground up entails. 

Let me know if there are any specific articles from StartupNation I could point you toward. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC