WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Hello, I'm New

BubblevipBubblevip subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2017 in New Member Welcome
Hello all. I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully add some value to the network. My name is Ben Thompson. I am a small business owner and I really enjoy coming up with new ideas and providing solutions to problems. The reason I joined the network is I know the value of small business networks and the people that they attract. In my mind the most valuable people are those in small business as they genuinely want to help and engage.

My business is a social business network like LinkedIn but smaller, no spam and our members help develop the site with feedback and requests. We're a close network so feel free to join us. Its free. Ads are also free until we reach 1000 members, plenty of space on that.

http://www.bubblevip.com

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hi, Ben!

Welcome to the StartupNation community. You have a very intriguing concept with your website. Fell free to tell me more about it. Just a heads up, I do ask that you use our forums to ask questions and provide your expertise. Please do not use it as a platform to promote your own business.

Let me know if there is anything you're looking for specifically from StartupNation.

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    BubblevipBubblevip subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Ryan. Thank you for your message. Yes, Bubble VIP is a little ambitious. The idea is to give an alternative to LinkedIn. LinkedIn feels bogged down now and the support is terrible plus its spammy. I also plan to give more functionality than them such as marketing software and useful business tools. The main goal right now it to get to 1000 members. But also members who contribute.

I hope you also join so you can see yourself, you could write a blog post talking about your network and visa versa. In fact, I wonder if we could swap ad space? I have the ability to add banners to the top of my pages. Happy to provide you one for free if you are open to doing the same? Its kind of a win win.

I wanted to join Startup nation because I was interested in what you guys offer in terms of what advice can I get about my own struggles and hopefully give my knowledge back to you community. I absolutely respect you rules and the same goes for my network. Spammers are deleted.

However I do ask, I usually add my link in my signature, is this viable here. See example:

Many thanks
    Ben Thompson
    http://www.bubblevip.com