WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Promoting a Seminar

sagebgreenenergysagebgreenenergy subscriber Posts: 2
edited May 2007 in Marketing
My business offering requires education up front for individuals to understand the value we bring.  I`ve developed a seminar that is about 1 hour long which explains how they can benefit.  It`s very informative, and not much of a sales pitch - more of an education.How can I best promote this so I can get decent turnout?  What are the better days to do seminars?  Do newspapers and radios do community announcements or calendars, and would I be unable to do it because I am a commercial business?  Any advice is appreciated?  Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    To be honest, I`ve been to lots of seminars and there is no specific
    day or time. What I have noticed though is that Wednesday`s is usually
    a good day since most people want to be away from the office as much as
    possible.
    Mondays are too hectic, Tuesdays are "I caught up with all my work",
    and Wednesday`s is Hump Day, so I would try something on Weds.
    Thursdays is a good day also.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information.I have prepared a contact for utility companies regarding high bill compaintants, they are a great source of potential business.  I`m also gearing up to become a women owned certified busienss which should give me a leg up at the utiltiies.  The seminar is informative on what is our impending energy shortage, and methods for people to save energy including a home energy audit.  Not too fascinating, but when people hear about the potential bottom line savings, they usually perk up.
  • Options
    Thank you Life Transcender.  I love your logo - won`t be denied.  i signed up for your free report........can`t wait. I`ll research press releases, it seems like a good way.I`ve prepared a couple of columns for local newspapers, I`m trying to get them into the paper now.  Thanks!