WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Libraries buffing up small business resources

DavidDavid subscriber Posts: 3
As this BusinessWeek snippet shows, many libraries around the United States are expanding the resources they offer.  The Brooklyn/New York Public Library offers online databases for free to its patrons, for example.  While others offer free or inexpensive workshops and other research stops.  
Check it out here

Comments

• Options
    syrbrian99syrbrian99 subscriber Posts: 0
    David -
      Thank you for sharing this - I have more than once thought that some public libraries ought to qualify for partial funding from economic development sources for their support of the small business community - like any service business I`ve met my share of incredibly knowledgable and friendly professionals vs the occasional person who was clearly not "cut out" for that type of work - this is a significant resource for diminishing the digital divide...

• Options
    RojgieanRojgiean subscriber Posts: 0
    It took them long enough to try to help further economic development, and encourage local small businesses!  Just think of the THOUSANDS of dollars I could have saved if they would have had those books a few years ago... oh well... at least they are making it easier for us now, and generations to follow!