WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Manufacturer’s Rep

splittersplitter subscriber Posts: 3
edited May 2007 in Selecting a Business
I have longed to have my own business and have been thinking about this avenue as a possibility. Does anyone here have their own business as a man-rep? Any advice on breaking into it, choosing your products, etc would be appreciated. I realize it will be an uphill battle getting started.

Comments

• Options
    ethnicommethnicomm subscriber Posts: 1
    Further to DipLady`s note, do you have any particular industry experience? Have you done sales before? How are you with cold calls and rejection? Think of 5-6 things that you can offer a manufacturer when s/he asks: "what can you do for my business?" 
  • Options
    rozilirozili subscriber Posts: 0
    I`m a manufacturer of a whole house audio system and we are searching for a good rep firm. I want to make sure that my product fits into the product line the rep has.   That way the rep has one more thing to sell his/her existing customers.  For new customers they are a source for several synergistic products the the store owner wants to sell.If you know of a great rep firm that handles Audio/Visual equipment in the Colorado area let me know.