WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Affiliate Marketing Website vs The Regular E-commerce....

essayhelpessayhelp subscriber Posts: 10
edited February 2008 in Marketing
I have been thinking about this for a while....

If I want to create a new website tomorrow - what do you recommend? A content website filled to the top with valuable information and affiliate ads related to the content. OR the regular e-commerce site?

Whats better? 

Comments

• Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Aaron, it`s not a question of which is better, because if you know what you`re doing you can be successful with either one. A better question is, which is better for you? And the only one who can answer that question is you.

That being said, if it were me, I`d build a content site loaded with valuable content and featuring my own products or services. However,  I have to warn you. With a content site, you need to be totally committed to keeping the content refreshed. And I can tell you from personal experience, that requires a lot of hard work. And if you`re not willing to make that commitment, a content site is not the way to go.

Dale King
    DKing2/10/2008 5:19 PM