WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

High Profile, High Profits...

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited October 2007 in Marketing
If you`re a new business and want to put your business on the fast track to success, become a high-profile marketer.Internet Marketing is extremely competitive, so being talented just isn`t enough to compete - unless of course you have connections.Otherwise, you have to do something dramatic to make people take notice of you - to stand out in the crowd.For example, when I started my online business nearly two years ago, the first thing I did was send a press release to IM Newswatch to announce the launch date of my website: http://urlx.org/imnewswatch.com/c2101</A>

This helped create a "buzz" about my website, and I haven`t looked back since.There`s an old saying - "The squeaky wheel gets the oil."So start squeaking!Dale KingDKing2007-10-21 12:14:41

Comments

• Options
    CookieMonsterCookieMonster subscriber Posts: 0
    Dale, Sorry to say this but you`re hardly a high-profile marketer. I`d really *love* to see you connect "high profile" to "high profit". Otherwise this post is just "what you believe" and worth as much. Do you mind if I ask about your qualifications with respect to finance? Naturally I don`t want to sound like a nitpicker but this post contains "advice" that is nonsensical.
  • Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Is that the direct-to-consumer style of release? I wouldn`t even recognize that as a press release.
    Of course you wouldn`t. That`s because you don`t have a clue about marketing in the new millenium. What a shame for your clients. There are a thousand and one ways to write a press release. Unfortunately, you don`t have the intelligence, foresight, flexibility, talent or creativity to recognize that fact.
    The press release I wrote for IM Newswatch matches perfectly the style and  format of that particular website, which is exactly what a press release is supposed to do.
    More importantly, it did the job that it was supposed to do. In either case, I`m through with this thread.
    Dale King
     DKing2007-10-23 14:17:44