WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I have a problem...

RumanRuman subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2007 in Selecting a Business
...and it`s called the insatiable desire for entrepreneurship. I am 22, been self-employed in some way since I turned 18. Did real estate for a few years, did very well, but got burned out since my problem is my desire to grow fast. I took on listing and selling bank repos, cleaning them out for the banks, fixing them up for the banks, rental properties, fixer-uppers, and dealing with foreclosures. It all kind of "imploded" on me in Dec. of last year. I stopped doing real estate all together to take a breather. I took over a small shirt shop in March, and it`s going OKAY although I`m making 1/3 to 1/2 what I have the last two years. I am ready to do something larger scaled similar to real estate again. My credit is now very bad due to my "implosion".
I am trying to decide where to start next. A business making only $2k/$3k a month doesn`t interest me.. and that seems to be the t-shirt business. Expansion is possible but I still see it being pretty limited in income.
My specialty is sales. I am good at getting things sold. What I hadn`t learned before(due to inexperience) was the need for help and delegation. There are only 24 hours in the day, so either you have to pass on some income/jobs or get help.
Any ideas on a business that has exponential growth potential, but can be started on a smaller scale with a strong sales skill, and a large "circle of influence" or group of people associated with my friends and family.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    RumanRuman subscriber Posts: 1
    I am thinking of doing something real estate related. I loved the part of getting real estate listings, or doing the marketing related to the real estate listings. I also have some contacts still that are real estate agents that I trust well. Doing something such as marketing for the agent either for pay or for a fee if the house sells. Something along the lines of those online internet companies that get a cut from agents just for referring leads to them.
    I am able to sort through all housing records for our county looking for people that have lived in a house for X amount of years, or looking for homes where the mailing address is different than the housing address, therefore giving me a good database of people "ripe to move" and people whom are landlords that might be "disgruntled" with their rental properties. I like that kind of "knowledge based" business rather than hard retail items.