Website idea opinions requested

hockeyfan21hockeyfan21 subscriber Posts: 3
edited December 2008 in Selecting a Business
Wanted to throw this out and see what the support is out there for this idea. I am currently in the home repair/maintenance field and am constantly researching online for others in similar businesses for my own education as I am new to business ownership.  Between Angie`s List, Craig`s list and Service Magic, there`s an overwhelming number of business advertising and consumer opinions, both positive and negative, about those businesses, it`s hard to narrow it down to the point you actually pick a name and contact them. I want to build a site and feature those related local companies that I`ve worked with and trust, and whom my customers trust, the opportunity to advertise on the site. There will be a maximum of two from each area such as plumbers, electricians, realtors, roofers, etc. I`m looking to provide a service and not make a lot of money. I want to include a Q & A section, allowing site visitors to upload photos of their problem if desired, monthly newsletters or a "tip" section. I want to keep it simple and not clutter it up by being too busy and losing the visitor. I will be building and deploying the site myself. Would appreciate any opinions, suggestions. Thanks

Comments