WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website idea opinions requested

hockeyfan21hockeyfan21 subscriber Posts: 3
edited December 2008 in Selecting a Business
Wanted to throw this out and see what the support is out there for this idea. I am currently in the home repair/maintenance field and am constantly researching online for others in similar businesses for my own education as I am new to business ownership.  Between Angie`s List, Craig`s list and Service Magic, there`s an overwhelming number of business advertising and consumer opinions, both positive and negative, about those businesses, it`s hard to narrow it down to the point you actually pick a name and contact them. I want to build a site and feature those related local companies that I`ve worked with and trust, and whom my customers trust, the opportunity to advertise on the site. There will be a maximum of two from each area such as plumbers, electricians, realtors, roofers, etc. I`m looking to provide a service and not make a lot of money. I want to include a Q & A section, allowing site visitors to upload photos of their problem if desired, monthly newsletters or a "tip" section. I want to keep it simple and not clutter it up by being too busy and losing the visitor. I will be building and deploying the site myself. Would appreciate any opinions, suggestions. Thanks

Comments