WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Looking for help Bottling new Beverage

BAYBAY subscriber Posts: 1
I have a great  and proven recipe for a Jamaican Rum Punch and I am looking for help with getting this product bottled and placed on the market.
Can someone with step by step knowledge of how to get this done contact me.

Comments

• Options
    riverhouseriverhouse subscriber Posts: 2
    Where are you located and are you using real rum? You are only allowed to use a certain % of alcohol in your recipe and you will need to get licensing from the ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms) depending on your alcohol content. You should also review the FDA rules. You will definately want to find out your limits because if you are in excess a fine could put you out of business. You may need to revise your recipe to fall within the guidelines that makes it affordable to produce or to make the mix and have the consumer add the rum (that is what I would do, because it becomes cost prohibitive to sell a product with liquor)
    I am a beginning business also so I would not say the following list is complete but based on my experience, I would do the following;
    1. business plan with costs estimated
    2. recipe review
    3. who is going to package
    4. who is going to distribute
    5. who is your market
    6. choose your packaging (some packages can be labeled on a machine and others can`t) There is more expense to hand labeling.
    6. design a great label for your packaging
    7. hire a great label maker
    8. have a back up plan and plenty of time and money.
    We have brought our sauces to market on a budget but have still spent $20,000.
  • Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    (riverhouse, what a phenomenal post!)
  • Options
    riverhouseriverhouse subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you, I am looking forward to being a part of this group!

• Options
    OhhBoyOhhBoy subscriber Posts: 5
    Jeff/Rich
    You guys did an interview with the guys from Cocktails by Jen (boy Jen had a deep voice) a while back.  I too am kicking around an idea around that involved infused vodka.  Is there any way that we may be able to toss a question or two over to those guys?  Can`t speak for Bay, but my idea seems very similar to what they were doing.
    Guys.. absolutely love the podcasts.. makes my 1 hour commute so much better..
    Thx

• Options
    RickPRickP subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey Rich how are you my business Idea is targeted towards smokers. Its called The Kit and its a series of Items that will help smokers not smell like smoke or look like they`ve been smoking. I`m trying to see if I have something here. I`ve run the idea by a few friends and they love it,but honestly Rich they loved because they indulge in smoke of a more herbal nature if you know what I mean. My biggest concern is can I actually market my product commercially or should I just do it my self and market the idea to people who do enjoy smoke of a more herbal nature. Please get back to me and let me know something.
  • Options

Jeff/Rich
    You guys did an interview with the guys from Cocktails by Jen (boy Jen had a deep voice) a while back.  I too am kicking around an idea around that involved infused vodka.  Is there any way that we may be able to toss a question or two over to those guys?  Can`t speak for Bay, but my idea seems very similar to what they were doing.
    Guys.. absolutely love the podcasts.. makes my 1 hour commute so much better..
    Thx
    i`ll get after them right away.
    here`s a hint, hit the "discuss this" button at their Key Move, post your question, and we`ll see if they respond.
    cool?
    rich
  • Options
    Hey Rich how are you my business Idea is targeted towards smokers. Its called The Kit and its a series of Items that will help smokers not smell like smoke or look like they`ve been smoking. I`m trying to see if I have something here. I`ve run the idea by a few friends and they love it,but honestly Rich they loved because they indulge in smoke of a more herbal nature if you know what I mean. My biggest concern is can I actually market my product commercially or should I just do it my self and market the idea to people who do enjoy smoke of a more herbal nature. Please get back to me and let me know something.
    RickP,
    what exactly are you looking for? your post is a little hazy.
    rich
  • Options
    JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    Bay,

Riverhouse is right... I would take the alcohol out of it... Where are
    you located? There are independent bottlers that will either just
    bottle and package your beverage or even assist in the developing of
    the recipe. Let me know if  you need more information. Also, if
    you need package design services, branding, etc. I can help you there!

Good Luck,

Jackede