WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Alternatives to Google Ads?

SparkleGirlSparkleGirl subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2007 in Sales
Hi,

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin

1.  What metrics would Company A use to determine if advertising on my site would be favorable to them?
    2.  What fees do advertisers normally pay for such advertising?
    3.  What payment terms should I consider? 50% Upfront? Monthly? 
    4.  Any additional scenarios that I have overlooked?1) Company A would look at:audience demographicsize of audience (unique visitors)number of impressions (ads) you can provide during a given period of timead sizes availableconfirmation that you have the ability to track and report on performanceCPM (cost-per-thousand) ratepossibly ability to geotarget the ads, say, limiting the ads to visitors from chicago vs. other areas of the countryaverage click-through-rates you`re experiencing for current advertisersany exclusives you provide for that product/service/brand category2) Advertisers are charged CPM rates randing from 50 cents to 50 bucks. in fact, the range is probably wider than that. this is a classic "supply/demand" and "quality/value" scenario. if you`ve been using google, you`ve got a good baseline. you should be able to charge more to your advertisers than google pays you for the ads on your site.3) it will be very difficult getting anything better than Net 30 Days payment terms. The larger the customer, the longer the payment cycle seems to be... unfortunately.hope this helps.
  • Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Roshelle:
    Since the titile of this thread is called Alternative to Google Ads, you should also study alternative Internet advertising networks like Adbrite.com, Bidvertiser.com, Clicksor.com and Text-link-ads.com to get a feel for the way other top advertising networks operate.
    Dale King
     DKing2007-8-15 16:6:7
  • Options
    Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am interested in approaching companies to advertise on my website and have the following questions:
    1.  What metrics would Company A use to determine if advertising on my site would be favorable to them?
    2.  What fees do advertisers normally pay for such advertising?
    3.  What payment terms should I consider? 50% Upfront? Monthly? 
    4.  Any additional scenarios that I have overlooked?
    Any guidance is greatly appreciated; thanks!

Good luck with that! My only advise is to make sure you completely understand Google`s policy toward`s paid link`s - if you haven`t done so already.
  • Options
    SparkleGirlSparkleGirl subscriber Posts: 2
    Oh My Gosh   I`ve just edited my post... please forgive me