WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

South African Entrepreneur

NadesNades subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2006 in Selecting a Business
Hi everyone...
I am all the way from South Africa and LOVE this site, I am so glad I found it!
I have started up my own homebased international recruitment agency - finding employment abroad for qualified / experienced South African candidates. I am battling to get into the USA and UK recruitment market and would love to chat to people out there from the USA or UK in the recruitment industry who would be interested in working with me.
I am also looking for other exciting and profitable business ideas.  If there is anyone out there who would like to use me as their agent to get into the South African market - I look forward to your emails!  South Africa has so much potential - but we are way behind other countries and if your successful business ideas can reach the South African market quicker - imagine how successful you would be!  The sky is the limit and I am looking for any successful business ideas that would really take off in South Africa! 
So, I would would love to hear from all of you - it would be sooo great!
Here`s to success and happiness!
Nades

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    welcome aboard, Nades!though StartupNation is headquartered in the U.S., the whole concept behind our brand is to create a "nation" of people beyond borders and oceans, tied together by willfulness, passion, optimism, and creativity. it`s so gratifying to see this "nation" come to life. just earlier today, one of our members, StartupStella, sent me a private message, indicating she`s now getting email from overseas (ireland, in that case), with praise for her funny sayings.as for south africa as a opportunity-rich market, can you tell us some of the trends you`re seeing there so people can brainstorm with more understanding of the market dynamics?
  • Options
    zmanzman subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello Nades and welcome!
    You might also want to consider matching the skills of South Africa`s workforce with companies elsewhere who are looking to outsource portions of their operations to workers in other countries to cut costs.
    Outsourcing of services and workforce around the globe by companies based in the U.S., Europe and elsewhere is a huge trend. Just take a look at Thomas Friedman`s book "The World is Flat."