Accepting Payments

yassinatoryassinator subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Home-Based Businesses
Me: Sole Proprietor
Them: Corporation
If I have them write the check to me, is that acceptable?  What forms or documentation do I need to provide them for their taxes or ...?
Thanks for you help.


  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    sounds like they are hiring you for some work.  they should be providing you with docs to fill out. you will get a 1099 at year end for tax reporting / filing purposes. get the check under your company`s name, not yours.  keep it separate, clean..
  • yassinatoryassinator subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response.  So really I have nothing I need to provide them, just some forms they should have for me to fill out.  Gotcha.
    I have not filed my Fic Name statement yet, so was going to just have them write me the check to me now, figuring since I am a Sole Prop it should not matter.
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    i would form a company (maybe an LLC) to keep your personal assets safe in case of any liability claims/suits.  check with a qualified CPA, attorney regarding this....
Sign In or Register to comment.