I am technically behind-Help!

nsumnernsumner Posts: 1subscriber
edited June 2008 in Marketing
I keep hearing about Blogs and I recently went to a workshop that talked about using blogs and the Social Network to help with growing my business.  I have tried to research some of this but get lost with the language that is used.  I feel this is a good use of my time if I can get past the technical language that takes me too long to understand.

Any suggestions?

Thank you-Nancy

Comments

• sddreamweaverssddreamweavers Posts: 5subscriber

I keep hearing about Blogs and I recently went to a workshop that talked about using blogs and the Social Network to help with growing my business.  I have tried to research some of this but get lost with the language that is used.  I feel this is a good use of my time if I can get past the technical language that takes me too long to understand. Any suggestions? Thank you-Nancy

You know the best thing that you can do is put an ad in your local Craigslist and ask for a local Blog expert to meet you in a coffee shop and have them answer all your questions.  Pay them like $50 for 2-3 hours.  If you don`t feel comfortable with Craigslist then ask around with your friends and see if there is anyone you can leverage to help you out.
  • nsumnernsumner Posts: 1subscriber
    Thank you so much CraigL-this is really helpful, something I will print this out and use it as a reference. 

Thank you also Aaron, I will start talking to my friends with my new reference and then maybe I can keep up with what they are saying.

Thank you-Nancy
  • cma01cma01 Posts: 0subscriber
    Nancy,
    There are a lot of books out there that cover blogging for business as well as web sites, mentoring and classes. 
    I`d start by reading a book or two.  Then picking a couple of blogs to follow.  Go to Amazon and search "Business blog" and there will be a long list.
    You can look at a blog in two ways, blogging for your business and blogging as a business.
    I just took a course from Andy Wibbels and Darren Rowse, and it mainly focused on the second.