WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I am technically behind-Help!

nsumnernsumner subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2008 in Marketing
I keep hearing about Blogs and I recently went to a workshop that talked about using blogs and the Social Network to help with growing my business.  I have tried to research some of this but get lost with the language that is used.  I feel this is a good use of my time if I can get past the technical language that takes me too long to understand.

Any suggestions?

Thank you-Nancy

Comments

• sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member

I keep hearing about Blogs and I recently went to a workshop that talked about using blogs and the Social Network to help with growing my business.  I have tried to research some of this but get lost with the language that is used.  I feel this is a good use of my time if I can get past the technical language that takes me too long to understand. Any suggestions? Thank you-Nancy

You know the best thing that you can do is put an ad in your local Craigslist and ask for a local Blog expert to meet you in a coffee shop and have them answer all your questions.  Pay them like $50 for 2-3 hours.  If you don`t feel comfortable with Craigslist then ask around with your friends and see if there is anyone you can leverage to help you out.
  • nsumnernsumner subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you so much CraigL-this is really helpful, something I will print this out and use it as a reference. 

Thank you also Aaron, I will start talking to my friends with my new reference and then maybe I can keep up with what they are saying.

Thank you-Nancy
  • cma01cma01 subscriber Posts: 0
    Nancy,
    There are a lot of books out there that cover blogging for business as well as web sites, mentoring and classes. 
    I`d start by reading a book or two.  Then picking a couple of blogs to follow.  Go to Amazon and search "Business blog" and there will be a long list.
    You can look at a blog in two ways, blogging for your business and blogging as a business.
    I just took a course from Andy Wibbels and Darren Rowse, and it mainly focused on the second.