WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Can you Critique My Site?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lbbblbbb subscriber Posts: 5
    Hello Everyone....I was wondering if you have any knowledge in making my
    main banner image have navigation within it? I am thinking about adding
    some navigation to the main banner. Your thoughts or can you send me in
    the right direction? Thanks, Mika
  • Options
    Andrew:I am not sure how to make the newsletter more interesting at this point...Working on it....The newsletter is free.
  • Options
    stylishchefstylishchef subscriber Posts: 0
    I have not read all of the other responses, so I hope I`m not too redundant. I am a graphic artist/web site designer/software interface designer. I am excited to give you some feedback.
    The color scheme and feel of the site is fantastic. That is more than half the battle. I do think, however, that there are a few small modifications you can make that will bring your site to a new level.
    First, you are losing a lot of VALUABLE vertical space. You want to move your content up toward the top of the page, and get rid of empty white space. There really is no reason for this site to have a vertical scroll. If you can fit it all on the  page the user will see when they first arrive to the site you will have better results.
    Second, the ad for the "NuU" people is as prominent as your own logo! NO NO! This is your site! That being said, I think you can put a smaller advertisement for them.
    If possible, try to move your own logo up to maybe a 1/4 inch max below the toolbar for the browser. Right now it`s like 2" and that`s wasted space. And, if you can redesign the logo a bit, I would shrink it as much as possible.
    Then you will be able to move your menu up towards the top and it will be easier for the user to get a feel for what the site is actually about.
    All in all, I think you have a great looking site. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors!
    Also, to answer your question:
    "...making my main banner image have navigation within it..."
    There are two ways to go -
    1. You can align the image and some html so that they look like they`re attached.
    2. Or, you can make the links/text images, and assign targets for where they will take the user when clicked (see example: http://www.autooneins.com/</A> where "home", "resources", etc. are images that look like text.
    Best wishes,
    Stacie
  • Options
    Hi Stacie:I was  wondering if we can talk offline.. Could I have your email address? Thanks, Mika