EVER HAD THIS DONE?

mac7mac7 Posts: 2subscriber
edited December 2008 in Selecting a Business
 I`M  CONDUCTING MY OWN PERSONAL SURVEY AND ASKING PEOPLE IF THEY HAVE OR ANYONE THEY KNOW HAS EVER HAD THE AIR DUCTS CLEANED AT HOME. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS OFF THE WALL BUT I WANT TO START MY OWN COMPANY AND I`M TRYING TO FEEL PEOPLE OUT  TO SEE HOW MUCH INTEREST THERE IS. SO TELL ME , HAVE YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAD THIS SERVICE DONE.  ****I`M NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING, I`M REALLY JUST INTERESTED IN YOUR  REPLY****

Comments

• TandAKTandAK Posts: 0subscriber
    I`ve never personally had this done before but have looked into the "Rotobrush" system as an add-on to our existing business. Found there to be alot of local competition in my local area (Portland,OR).
  • mac7mac7 Posts: 2subscriber
    sorry about the caps- bad habbit
  • flyemhighrocketsflyemhighrockets Posts: 1subscriber
    No I have never had it done before but I have seen the business featured in business start up magazine. I see quite a few of cupons for the service in the sunday paper which is high to advertise in so there must be a good need foe this business and they must get quite a good businees to keep advertising it in the atlanta, ga. aera.
  • Tabor88Tabor88 Posts: 3subscriber
    Haha...how funny.   Takes me back about 9 years! 
    I have actually done it several times.  Honestly, I have done all sorts of things throughout my 30 year life and one of those things included working for a company called Servpro, you have probably heard of them.  Cleaning air ducts is a fairly easy process, and it is something that everyone should have done at least once a year, unfortunately, air ducts fall into the "out of site out of mind" category.  
    My advice. Before you go into that business, make sure you don`t have a Servpro in your area.  They now have national recognition and quite a bit of business for those jobs. They`d probably be more competition than a startup would want to have.Best of Luck
  • WebJunkyWebJunky Posts: 8subscriber Member
    just a question - what is your competitive advantage that sets you apart from the competition? i.e. servpro?