WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

EVER HAD THIS DONE?

mac7mac7 subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2008 in Selecting a Business
 I`M  CONDUCTING MY OWN PERSONAL SURVEY AND ASKING PEOPLE IF THEY HAVE OR ANYONE THEY KNOW HAS EVER HAD THE AIR DUCTS CLEANED AT HOME. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS OFF THE WALL BUT I WANT TO START MY OWN COMPANY AND I`M TRYING TO FEEL PEOPLE OUT  TO SEE HOW MUCH INTEREST THERE IS. SO TELL ME , HAVE YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAD THIS SERVICE DONE.  ****I`M NOT TRYING TO SELL ANYTHING, I`M REALLY JUST INTERESTED IN YOUR  REPLY****

Comments

• TandAKTandAK subscriber Posts: 0
    I`ve never personally had this done before but have looked into the "Rotobrush" system as an add-on to our existing business. Found there to be alot of local competition in my local area (Portland,OR).
  • mac7mac7 subscriber Posts: 2
    sorry about the caps- bad habbit
  • flyemhighrocketsflyemhighrockets subscriber Posts: 1
    No I have never had it done before but I have seen the business featured in business start up magazine. I see quite a few of cupons for the service in the sunday paper which is high to advertise in so there must be a good need foe this business and they must get quite a good businees to keep advertising it in the atlanta, ga. aera.
  • Tabor88Tabor88 subscriber Posts: 3
    Haha...how funny.   Takes me back about 9 years! 
    I have actually done it several times.  Honestly, I have done all sorts of things throughout my 30 year life and one of those things included working for a company called Servpro, you have probably heard of them.  Cleaning air ducts is a fairly easy process, and it is something that everyone should have done at least once a year, unfortunately, air ducts fall into the "out of site out of mind" category.  
    My advice. Before you go into that business, make sure you don`t have a Servpro in your area.  They now have national recognition and quite a bit of business for those jobs. They`d probably be more competition than a startup would want to have.Best of Luck
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    just a question - what is your competitive advantage that sets you apart from the competition? i.e. servpro?