Concept for a patent not materialized

DavinciDavinci Posts: 2subscriber
edited January 2008 in Business Planning
In 1992 I came up with a "new use" idea for on a existing product, only later to find out someone owned a patent on the Idea concept.  After spending money for a patent search I found that this person had a patent that just showed a vauge rendition of the idea itself.  To my knowledge no one has developed this product yet, and is not on market.  My question is I want to see this product come to market.  I know what it looks like, I know exactly how I visualize it being used, Is it possible to get this product designed.  A prototype developed, with some intalectual property protection without infringing on the patent holders patent?   I contacted the patent holder years ago. He told me that if I had any Ideas to get it going he would be willing to get it going. He realizd he couldn`t do it all on his own.  I`ve since tried to get a hold of him, and I can`t track him down.  Any suggestions?    

Comments

• LiveWiseLiveWise Posts: 5subscriber
    From what I understand of patents, they are very specific.  My friend invented the Dental R.A.T and hold the patent for foot technology of a mouse and the right and left mouse click, but look how many other foot controls and devices are exisiting.  If the patent is vague, you may want to check with a patent attorney since you may be able to get your prototype without infringing upon the existing patent. 
  • robertjrobertj Tampa Bay, FloridaPosts: 0subscriber Member
    In 1992 I came up with a "new use" idea for on a existing product, only later to find out someone owned a patent on the Idea concept.  After spending money for a patent search I found that this person had a patent that just showed a vauge rendition of the idea itself.  To my knowledge no one has developed this product yet, and is not on market.  My question is I want to see this product come to market.  I know what it looks like, I know exactly how I visualize it being used, Is it possible to get this product designed.  A prototype developed, with some intalectual property protection without infringing on the patent holders patent?   I contacted the patent holder years ago. He told me that if I had any Ideas to get it going he would be willing to get it going. He realizd he couldn`t do it all on his own.  I`ve since tried to get a hold of him, and I can`t track him down.  Any suggestions?    

This is really a question relating to a very specific situation. You really should talk with a patent attorney.