How Barack Obama Took a Simple Word and Created a Powerful USP

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited April 2008 in Marketing
A couple of weeks ago, I started a thread titled, "How Bayer Took a Century-Old Household Staple and Created a Powerful USP." http://startupnation.com/forums/10897/1/1

Well, Barack Obama has done the exact same thing. He took a simple word "change" as his USP (unique selling proposition) and he never deviated from that message. And he`s done it so effectively, he`s now considered the "candidate of change" by the media and millions of Americans and is the front-runner for the Democratic nomination. Such is the power of an effective USP.

So why do I keep talking about the power of an effective USP? Why do you think?

How much more proof do you need? I don`t know about you, but I`m convinced. In fact, I`m in the process of creating a new, more effective USP for my website.
Dale King

DKing4/10/2008 8:19 AM

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Every business that has gone on to be successful didn`t start out with millions of dollars. It`s not about the money. It`s about what you do with the resources you have. It`s about the ingenuity of your marketing campaign. Hillary Clinton had all of the advantages of being a well known "brand," but she`s losing because Obama is running a more effective campaign.

Simply put...his marketing and positioning are better.

Dale King
    DKing4/10/2008 7:18 PM