WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How Barack Obama Took a Simple Word and Created a Powerful USP

DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
edited April 2008 in Marketing
A couple of weeks ago, I started a thread titled, "How Bayer Took a Century-Old Household Staple and Created a Powerful USP." http://startupnation.com/forums/10897/1/1

Well, Barack Obama has done the exact same thing. He took a simple word "change" as his USP (unique selling proposition) and he never deviated from that message. And he`s done it so effectively, he`s now considered the "candidate of change" by the media and millions of Americans and is the front-runner for the Democratic nomination. Such is the power of an effective USP.

So why do I keep talking about the power of an effective USP? Why do you think?

How much more proof do you need? I don`t know about you, but I`m convinced. In fact, I`m in the process of creating a new, more effective USP for my website.
Dale King

DKing4/10/2008 8:19 AM

Comments

• Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Every business that has gone on to be successful didn`t start out with millions of dollars. It`s not about the money. It`s about what you do with the resources you have. It`s about the ingenuity of your marketing campaign. Hillary Clinton had all of the advantages of being a well known "brand," but she`s losing because Obama is running a more effective campaign.

Simply put...his marketing and positioning are better.

Dale King
    DKing4/10/2008 7:18 PM