WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

My Website Needs Help

2»

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I was asking for help, not for someone to push his own agenda.I didn`t think that I was pushing an agenda.  Your designs are great and you should do well if you can reach the customers, but your photos deny you the best presentation of your work.  You asked for help.  My expertise is photography.  Craig`s is in marketing, Others here are web designers.  We each gave you feedback from our own expertise.  I`ve already said that I can`t help you with the photography because I am on the other coast, so where is the agenda?Steve
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    From what I`ve seen in my short time here .... I have not, obviously, read every post, but I have yet to see anyone "push an agenda" .... everyone is here to offer what assistance they can to each other. At times it can sound a bit pushy, harsh or critical ( myself included in that ), but it is only to get a point across to convey the importance of the information that is being offered. You want to know what you need to do, and replies are made telling you not only what to do, but why. When I have time to revamp my site a bit, I will ask for the same critique .... and be thankful for any input I get here, whether I like it or not, and whether I agree with it or not.
  • Options
    ECJ68ECJ68 subscriber Posts: 3
    I stand corrected. I apologize.
    I have just about updated all photo info (not photos yet).  I looked into a light box for the new Pictures.
    I am still going to add a logo for Credit Cards.  I took the wording out of the front page.  I think pictures are louder than words.
    Hopefully almost done.
    When I feel I am complete, I will send out a shout to all.
    Many Thanks to All

• Options
    ECJ68ECJ68 subscriber Posts: 3

< =text/>_popupControl();
    Well, I have just about changed everything on my website.  I have added pics, names, changed fonts, color, settings and just about everything else.
    I have also purchased a picture light box.  I will be here anyday.  I can`t redo old old pics.  I have already sold the demo.
    I would love some more detailed input. 
    I do need to add the visa/mc logo on the front page. 
    Will do that soon.
    Thanks for any and all input
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Major improvement.  Bravo.  I am impressed with the difference.I agree that you don`t need the V/MC logo - if you are selling on the web, then people naturally expect that you will take credit cards.  I would move it, and the PayPal logo to your order page.Check your spelling.  On a random search, I found this: "Sterli9ng Silver with Swarovski Crystals and Rhinestone Spacers Stretchy"Just an idea, but could you offer fashion tips on the product descriptions?  Also, don`t miss the opportunity to upsell when you have matching or complimentary pieces.On your Wholesale page - the grammar is awkward and it doesn`t tell what a wholesale customer is.On the About page - STOP SELLING.  Just tell the viewer who you are and what experience you have with making jewelry.  Some photos of you at work might be nice.  And get rid of the ALL CAPS.  It is yelling and looks amateurish.Just a suggestion....Why do you need such complex shipping methods?  99% of your goods can ship by USPS Priority Mail for the same flat rate anywhere in the USA.  Up to one pound is $4.60.  I use this for my product (DVDs) and charge a flat $5 per order, no matter the size of the order.  The 40-cents pays for the label (I use "Click-n-ship").  If I get an order that cost me a little more in shipping, then I am pleased to eat the difference because I`ve more than made the difference on the price of the order.  I find the flat shipping rate to be very consumer friendly and so simple to calculate using the PayPal checkout.