WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

10 Reasons Why Most Businesses Fail

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DentonDenton subscriber Posts: 0
    Dinner & a Movie "Delivered!"

here is my business....it is the my answer as to why some business`s fail.  I believe hybrids will dominate the market...look at Wal-Mart just one big hybrid...i appreciate any comments, criticism, or help...still looking for investors.Denton3/21/2009 8:28 AM
  • Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
      I believe hybrids will dominate the market...look at Wal-Mart just one big hybrid.

Since you asked for comments...I don`t necessarily agree, but you`re certainly entitled to your opinion.

David Jackson
  • Options

Mr. Jackson, Thanks for posting these 10 tips. You mentioned number ten “They don’t take advantage of trends” such as Twitter, how would you compare Twitter to FaceBook?     My pleasure, Donna. I make subscribing to my blog available to my readers via Twitter, but I personally don`t use Facebook or Twitter. I just don`t think either one is all that effective for marketing purposes. I prefer to put my time and energy into article marketing. I find that to be a much more effective marketing tool. David Jackson 
  • Options

Thanks Mr. Jackson, I have subscribed to your "Free Marketing Tips Blog" and look forward to more great marketing tips.     Thank you, Donna! I appreciate that. I will do everything I can to live up to your expectations. By the way, call me David.  David Jackson
  • Options
    Hi,
    This is really a great article...
    Thanks

Hello Krunal:

Thank you!

David Jackson
  • Options
    MyMarketEASEMyMarketEASE subscriber Posts: 1
    Here`s another...not properly utilizing available resources. 
    Most SBO`s do one thing very well -- and it`s THE THING on which their business is based.  However, too often I`ve found business owners trying to do their own accounting when they have little or no accounting skills.  They try to do their own Marketing, without understanding how to create a strategy. Etc., etc. 

Unfortunately it`s a result of not wanting to spend more money than they have to in the short term, but the long term results can be disastrous.
  • Options

Here`s another...not properly utilizing available resources.  Most SBO`s do one thing very well -- and it`s THE THING on which their business is based.  However, too often I`ve found business owners trying to do their own accounting when they have little or no accounting skills.  They try to do their own Marketing, without understanding how to create a strategy. Etc., etc.  Unfortunately it`s a result of not wanting to spend more money than they have to in the short term, but the long term results can be disastrous.     Yep. "Penny wise and dollar foolish!" Good point, Melissa! I agree.  David Jackson
  • Options
    They are very good points.  

Thanks, Doug! You make a good point about following up, which I wholeheartedky agree with. Craig mentioned the same thing a while back.

David Jackson
  • Options
    DebtCutterDebtCutter subscriber Posts: 0
    Really very well drafted. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    lockscharnclockscharnc subscriber Posts: 0
    I think that every business needs a good business plan "We all consider this as the back bone of the company" But, how much of backbone can you have when you are a start up?