Forget Traffic! Get Your Copy Right First!

DavidJacksonDavidJackson Posts: 143subscriber Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing
Having an extensive sales and marketing background, I notice marketing mistakes that most people don`t see or are unaware of.
For example, I can spot poor copy a mile away and I see a lot of  it, both on and off the Internet.
What`s copy? Copy is the words on your website and in your ads - the words used to sell your products and/or services.
Unfortunately, the first thing most marketers do when they get a website is worry about getting traffic to their sites. And while traffic is important, in my opinion, they`re putting the cart before the horse.
Why? Because you can have all the traffic in the world, but if your copy isn`t up to par that traffic is going to go to waste. It`s not going to convert into sales.
It`s been my experience that successful sites generally have good to adequate copy, while sites that are struggling generally have poor copy, among other problems.
So, if you`re getting traffic to your site, but it`s not converting into sales, you should consider hiring a professional copywriter to evaluate and re-work your copy.
It might make all the difference in the world to your bottom line!
David Jackson

Comments

• DavidJacksonDavidJackson Posts: 143subscriber Silver Level Member
    That`s an excellent point Mr. Jackson. 

Thank you, Loren!

David Jackson
  • scottdkcpscottdkcp Posts: 0subscriber
    Another good call, David.  I would rather see a well-written 1 page "Contact Us" website, rather than a 100-page poorly written website.  But that goes back to quantity vs. quality, and that is different for everyone.

By the way, I`m trying to find some useful business and consumer links to place on a links page on my website, which is listed below.  Would you mind if I linked to your blog? 

My website is still very much under construction, but I want to start getting some useful links set up, while I work on some useful written tips and possibly articles.  Let me know.  Thanks!
    Another good call, David. By the way, I`m trying to find some useful business and consumer links to place on a links page on my website, which is listed below.  Would you mind if I linked to your blog? 
     Let me know.  Thanks!  Thanks, Scott! Yes, by all means, feel free to link to my blog. David Jackson DavidJackson1/23/2009 7:00 AM
  • scottdkcpscottdkcp Posts: 0subscriber
    Thanks for the link permission David.  I am going to try to get my useful links page set up later today, I will post or private message you the link so you can how I have listed it. 

Thanks again!  

Thanks for the link permission David.  I am going to try to get my useful links page set up later today, I will post or private message you the link so you can how I have listed it.  Thanks again!     No problem, Scott. I`m flattered that you think enough of my blog to want to tell others about it.  David Jackson