WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Forget Traffic! Get Your Copy Right First!

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited January 2009 in Marketing
Having an extensive sales and marketing background, I notice marketing mistakes that most people don`t see or are unaware of.
For example, I can spot poor copy a mile away and I see a lot of  it, both on and off the Internet.
What`s copy? Copy is the words on your website and in your ads - the words used to sell your products and/or services.
Unfortunately, the first thing most marketers do when they get a website is worry about getting traffic to their sites. And while traffic is important, in my opinion, they`re putting the cart before the horse.
Why? Because you can have all the traffic in the world, but if your copy isn`t up to par that traffic is going to go to waste. It`s not going to convert into sales.
It`s been my experience that successful sites generally have good to adequate copy, while sites that are struggling generally have poor copy, among other problems.
So, if you`re getting traffic to your site, but it`s not converting into sales, you should consider hiring a professional copywriter to evaluate and re-work your copy.
It might make all the difference in the world to your bottom line!
David Jackson

Comments

• DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    That`s an excellent point Mr. Jackson. 

Thank you, Loren!

David Jackson
  • scottdkcpscottdkcp subscriber Posts: 0
    Another good call, David.  I would rather see a well-written 1 page "Contact Us" website, rather than a 100-page poorly written website.  But that goes back to quantity vs. quality, and that is different for everyone.

By the way, I`m trying to find some useful business and consumer links to place on a links page on my website, which is listed below.  Would you mind if I linked to your blog? 

My website is still very much under construction, but I want to start getting some useful links set up, while I work on some useful written tips and possibly articles.  Let me know.  Thanks!
    Another good call, David. By the way, I`m trying to find some useful business and consumer links to place on a links page on my website, which is listed below.  Would you mind if I linked to your blog? 
     Let me know.  Thanks!  Thanks, Scott! Yes, by all means, feel free to link to my blog. David Jackson DavidJackson1/23/2009 7:00 AM
  • scottdkcpscottdkcp subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks for the link permission David.  I am going to try to get my useful links page set up later today, I will post or private message you the link so you can how I have listed it. 

Thanks again!  

Thanks for the link permission David.  I am going to try to get my useful links page set up later today, I will post or private message you the link so you can how I have listed it.  Thanks again!     No problem, Scott. I`m flattered that you think enough of my blog to want to tell others about it.  David Jackson