WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Why I Don`t Twitter

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    I think this person made their point...

Not really. At least I explained why I`m not using Twitter.

All this person said is DON`T!

David Jackson
  • Options
    cubemonkeycubemonkey subscriber Posts: 11
    haha Yes but its BIG AND BOLD!
    Dont they say Font style speaks a 1000 words??
  • Options
    haha Yes but its BIG AND BOLD!

Bold font type is no substitute for substance.

It said NOTHING!!!

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/8/2009 10:47 AM
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Janie, It seems to help me be more productive...sort of a release while I am working hour after hour on the phone, computer etc.. I also like it b/c of all the neat thoughts and information from folks.

Erin
  • Options
    ebootcampebootcamp subscriber Posts: 3
    I`ve enjoyed watching this discussion thread and some clear points have been made:

1. No one will change David`s mind
    2. There are many different reasons to use twitter:
          - as a business generator (yes, people are making money by using twitter)
          - as an information gathering tool - I sometimes get lost in the amount of relevant information I can find in my field.
          - a place to simply build relationships.
          - and i`m sure there are others.... 
    3. as with any social networking site, if you overuse it, it can become a negative return on your investment (which, of course, is your precious time)

my personal experience with twitter is the same as my experience with facebook - I pretend like they are big parties that I`m attending. With that in mind, I don`t immediately try and sell people anything. Just like if I met someone at the door of a party, I`d get a drink poured on my head if I immediately went for a sale. I introduce myself and we begin a discussion. Over time, they learn about me and I learn about them. In the natural progression of a new relationship, we will do business together eventually if I have something they need or vice versa.

The exciting thing about twitter is the amount of people you can invite to your party and interact with - something like i`ve never seen before. That`s why I DO use twitter. Not to make money, but to build lasting relationships.

David, thank you for starting this dialogue and letting me contribute my opinion.

all the best,

Corey Perlman

www.ebootcampbook.com

Available Wherever Books are Sold!
  • Options
    David, thank you for starting this dialogue and letting me contribute my opinion.

My pleasure, Corey.

And thank you for respecting the fact that I choose not to Twitter!

I appreciate that more than anything.

Like I said, even though I personally don`t Twitter, I recognize and respect the fact that some of my readers do. So, I give them the option of receiving their blog updates via Twitter when they subscribe.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/29/2009 11:37 AM
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Thanks Mia,

Hey to each their own. Whatever works!

Erin
  • Options
    smalltoglobalsmalltoglobal subscriber Posts: 1
    I am getting ready to open my biz up in the next couple of weeks and this information seemed pertinent. I guess I never really understood how I could use a social networking site for increasing my traffic flow, but it makes sense. With a limited marketing budget, this seems like a good place to start spreading the word.
    On a different note: I love this forum because it poses so many different opinions. That is what makes America and entrepreneurship so great!smalltoglobal1/30/2009 9:43 PM
  • Options
    Hey to each their own. Whatever works!

Now that`s something we can agree on!

David Jackson