WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Cold Calling into Voice Mail

2»

Comments

• Options
    RSchlieperRSchlieper subscriber Posts: 0

Hi Ron,
    What is this no cost, no risk program that has prospects calling you? I`m new to the site and wasn`t sure what you meant when you referred to your "sig file" in your response to Calvin.
    Thanks,
    dakelo

Happy Sunday and Welcome Dakelo,
        A "sig file" is the Signature File one creates in one`s profile.  This sig file can be a link, a quote or whatever you want others to see in each posting you place or respond to.  I hope that explained it.
        As for the "no cost, no risk" business, simply click on my sig file link.  That will take you to my website where you can read about our FREE, no risk program.  Sign in - it`s free - to get access to our Success Guide which will, on a day to day basis, teach you how to start making some extra monies.  And the best part is, if you already have a Home Based Business you can plug in your business link and include it in our program.  It`s been great for me, that`s for sure.  Any other questions just reply or send me an email within SuN, OK?
    RSchlieper (Ron)
  • Options
    MpyreDzirezMpyreDzirez subscriber Posts: 3
    I only ever bought leads one time...and it was because I buddy of mine gave me some of his and I made $500 that day. I have been a subscriber to the Tampa Bay Business Journal ever since. They have them for many many cities. It is basically a catagorized magazine of business phone numbers. They are the top business and it gives you all the info you need. Owners, purchasing agents, size, income, industry, and more. Otherwise I have always used the web to build my own leads. For information on my sales experience: http://www.justinabrooke.com/resume.htm I was somewhat of a sales superstar at my old jobs.As for cold calling I fed my family with it for years, so don`t tell me it don`t work. I had a 70% voicemail call back ratio and a 20% sales ratio. My  messages go against common practices but everyone who applied my advise (correctly) saw nearly the same call back ratio. I would lose alot of the call backs...but that was ok because I had alot more of them then anyone else in the office.Sales is all about numbers. You have to build systems and test them repeatedly. Use what works and throw out what doesn`t. It does not get any simpler then that. I highly suggest reading zig ziglars secrets of closing the sale and how to be a master closer by someone stephens.If you wanna talk more just message me...I am not charging for anything or affiliating anything. On that note realize I only have so much time and will try to help as much as I can with the time I do have.Justin
    MpyreDzirez2006-10-11 23:32:0
  • Options
    jmcauljmcaul subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Calvinjr.
    Even though this is an older post, I would like to know more about your friend`s success with cold calling voice mail.
    1) What is she selling and who is her target market?
    2) What script is she using to generate callbacks?
    If you have this information and could share it I`d really appreciate it. I do cold calling for advertising to small.local businesses. I have left numerous voice mail messages and have yet to get a callback. Perhaps I could modify your friends script to my cold calling depending upon her product and market.
    Thanks!
    Janet McAuliffe
  • Options
    yourNAMEinDotComyourNAMEinDotCom subscriber Posts: 17
    Cold calling - Live or Voice MailSPAMBulk MailBroadcast FaxWhatever "automated program" whoever is trying to sell youand any form of telemarketing whatsoever are growing in unpopularity and people are finding them to be an absolute nuisance. Sure you can do it but you should be aware of where you would be positioning yourself in people`s minds and ask yourself if that`s where you and your company want to be.Have a great day!All the best,Aleem Khan
    yourNAMEinDotCom2006-11-10 1:53:14
  • Options
    jmcauljmcaul subscriber Posts: 1
    Your post said: "As for cold calling I fed my family with it for years, so don`t tell me it don`t work. I had a 70% voicemail call back ratio and a 20% sales ratio. My  messages go against common practices but everyone who applied my advise (correctly) saw nearly the same call back ratio. "
    Could you elaborate on your "messages that go against common practices" and your "advise" that you gave to others?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    misterblubsmisterblubs subscriber Posts: 0
    Also, I wonder if there could be a thread addressing cold calling scripts that people here are crafting and then using (not reading) with some success.It could be similar to the 10-word elevator speech [challenge] thread going on elsewhere in the forums.Of course, it would be best to give a succinct dscription of your business first, so that we could best critique the scripts.Also, a great resource is the Cold Calling Podcast. The hosts of the show are pros cold-call for a living, calling all sorts of large companies on behalf of various clients. Very interesting.I think it could be helpful, for me anyway, if people helped each other with opinions and ideas.I myself need to work up a script as part of a steady, weekly plan for getting leads and meeting decision-makers.Cheerio!
  • Options
    jasonburtonjasonburton subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    WHy not create your own spiel that contains your interest for promotion, a free-flow way which is more dramatic and concize than of reading or mocking ideas from those vice recordings. Try here http://www.digitekprinting.com/direct-mail , hopefully you can get ideas about your concern, if not surely you can also use email service instead.