WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is this possible

jimwjimw subscriber Posts: 1 Member

To all those who are going to read and respond to this discussion thank you so much for your time.

I spent my life in the service and repair industries with an extensive background in machining welding and mechanical repair. I am a always in the garage kind of guy and if it can be worked on I've probably given it a shot.

I recently picked up a historical truck and in the process of rebuilding it had to find a specialized mechanic capable of rebuilding these old-time engines. It turns out this gentleman and myself have life experiences that mirror each other and through our discussions he has offered to sell me his business which is why I am talking to you.

I believe I have the skill sets to take this business and continue it But have no means of funding this venture.

Should I ignore this opportunity and walk away or is this the one I will regret having not pursued

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited May 2020

Hi, @jimw!

Welcome to the community. If this is something you're passionate about, then I would absolutely say go for it. As for funding, you can look into traditional routes like angel investors and venture capitalists. You'll just need to put a business plan and pitch deck together, then use who you know to get your foot in the door with somebody in that realm. There is also bank loans.

You could also look into non-traditional routes such as crowdfunding.

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC