What is the best way to get funding for your start-up or idea?

I want to look for additional platforms that can help me fund my start-up? We are at a fairly early stage of our business at the moment and have received an initial round of funding. We have currently had a lot of success from WorldLabs (www.worldlabs.org) and Innovate UK (www.gov.uk/government/organisations/innovate-uk), but want to start to explore additional channels for funding. Does anyone know any other platforms that can be beneficial?

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness Birmingham, Mich. Posts: 967administrator Site Admin
    edited July 2018
    @Rebecca James have you looked into alternative funding, such as crowdsourcing? Kickstarter or indiegogo may be good places to start. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Oleg InTechOleg InTech Posts: 2subscriber Member
    We got an experience. We took an idea of customer to start his dropshiping e-commerce and brand. 
    In two weeks we made a identity and project visual concept. He went to the bank and took a credit in several dozens of euro. In a few months project successfully launched and working till this days.
    Thats a great example with own pluses and minuses but it works.
  • Jeffrey L EvansJeffrey L Evans Posts: 12subscriber Bronze Level Member
    If you really have a practical, profitable idea for a business, use Kickstarter. It is easy to set up and there are a lot of people active on the platform to help people like you. 
    I wish you all success. 
  • CgeoCgeo Posts: 6subscriber Member
    maybe family or friends...If not, then maybe going to networking events in your business industry to find a angel investor?
  • johnwhitfield1712johnwhitfield1712 USAPosts: 3subscriber Member
    I think, you have good friend, that can help you, but if you want to more money and your friends can't help you. You can take part in the business conference and find new friends who will be interested in your idea. The main thing is to properly present information about your project.
  • saravanansaravanan Posts: 115subscriber Silver Level Member
  • Justin evansJustin evans Posts: 68subscriber Bronze Level Member
    When it comes to growing outside money, most people consider venture capital or angel investors. Look towards government grants as well. One of the most unbelievable trends of the last few decades has been the decreasing cost to start a business.
    You can read this article about  How to Raise Funding for Your Startup: mobinspire.com/blogs/how-to-raise-funding-for-your-startup/
    A multitude of factors is responsible for making it successful. Early stage investors and experienced founders can lead a business towards success, and reduce operational risks by proper planning of the project.

I'm qualified Software Engineer and Marketer Performing my responsibilities with due professional care and competence. Recently I am working on projects for On Demand industry like ODTap and Cabstartup