WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Ways Entrepreneurs Can Minimize Meal Prep Time In Order To Maximize Work Time

Andre BrownAndre Brown subscriber Posts: 55 Bronze Level Member

Hello everyone, happy Wednesday and I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far. I'm going to be talking about how you can maximize the amount of work you can get done throughout the week. It will take you a lot of time to prepare on the front end, however it will save you hours of time during your workweek. It is called a meal prep which is when you prepare your meals for the days ahead so you won't have to cook. A lot of you are very busy and you may find it annoying to cook when you get home after a long day of work.

You are out doing business and it would be easier to eat at a restaurant or go to the convenience store to pick something up. This saves you time so you can eat on the go if you have to, however it also wastes money. I understand that cooking at home everyday can take away from your work and it's not something that you look forward to. This is especially true when you are spending an additional 1-2 hours (sometimes more) preparing dinner at least 5 days a week. This adds up to 5-10 hours of missed work during the week which could have been used to build up your business.

The problem is that the busy entrepreneur is looking for a more efficient way to prep meals in order to increase the amount of work you get done. Well luckily there is a way for you to do this. Start preparing your meals for the week ahead on Sunday morning so you can get it out of the way. Yes it will take several hours to cook all of your meals, consider the benefit of simply getting your dinner out of the fridge when you get home and just putting it in the microwave. You can eat while you are doing any additional work you need to do.

I would recommend cooking at least 5 meals in advance as well as cooking breakfast and lunch so you can grab your meals and go if need be. If you have to go out of town for a meeting or to see a client, your meals are already prepared so you can put them in a bag and head to your destination. In order to make this sustainable for a long period of time only eat foods you enjoy while trying to eat a balanced ratio of carbs, healthy fats, and protein. You will save a lot of money in the long run by cooking your own meals instead of eating out all the time. It is fine to live a little on the weekends by going out to restaurants with friends and family.

Buy containers so you can keep your food in the fridge or freezer so your meals won't spoil and dry out. One thing to keep in mind is to make sure you don't make things more complicated than they should be. What I mean is that you want meals that are simple and easy to make. I remember when I first started preparing my own meals. I was making cooking complicated by buying lots of foods and trying to make fancy meals instead of focusing on simplicity.

I followed the advice of popular food blogs on the internet by eating foods that tasted awful to me, needless to say I didn't enjoy it and I quit. This is why it's so important to eat healthy foods that you enjoy and ignore the foods that you don't. You now have the information needed to make your meal prepping time more efficient for the week with the added benefit of getting more work done. It's going to take some getting used to at first, just give it a month and see how much more time you will save in the long run!