WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Feedback Wanted for Electronics Website

Jay WJay W subscriber Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2017 in Website Critique
I built an electronics company in the St. Louis area. Launched a website a while back. I wanted some honest critique. It will be greatly appreciated.

www.robustrepairs.com

Overall ease-of-use
Appearance
Something you'd like to see more of

Thank you kindly.

- Jay

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited June 2017
    Hi, @Jay W

Here is a clickable link to the website: https://www.robustrepairs.com/

• Overall ease of use: I would give a 7.5 out of 10. It's simple enough to figure out how to navigate, however there is somewhat slow loading time on your menu. 
    • Appearance: I think the image quality can be upgraded. The photos look dull and don't draw me to them. I also don't notice an alt text when I inspect the image, which will help your SEO. I like the simple color scheme of the theme, though.
    • Something I would like to see more of:  I didn't see testimonials, either. It is always wise to include those so other potential customers see you have delivered satisfactory service in the past. Also, I see you have your services under the "Repair" tab. That makes sense, but as a consumer, I'd be more immediately drawn to something that maybe says "Repair Services" or just "Services" because "Repairs" could mean different things -- your portfolio, your expertise, etc. -- not necessary where I need to go to find the right option for me. 
    Hope this helps! 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Jay WJay W subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks Ryan. This is something I will take a close look at. Feedback definitely appreciated.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    You're welcome, Jay. 

@Randi Miller can do a much better job than I can in regards to website feedback. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Randi MillerRandi Miller administrator Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Hey @Jay W! I'll toss some recommendations your way but won't be able to come up for air until Thursday. Will see you then! :wink:

Making the web a better place!

Randi Miller
    Geek Guy