WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Women in Business: It’s Not About Doing it All, But Doing it Well

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
edited May 2017 in Women In Business
Contributor, and director of HK Communications, Halima Khatun, discusses how business for women is all about quality over quantity -- you don't need to do it all, but you must do it well. 

Point one for female entrepreneurs: "Remember, you've earned your place in the room."

Find out the rest of her ideas herehttps://goo.gl/UVZOl2
Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• Cara O'BlenessCara O'Bleness administrator Posts: 68 Site Admin
    Halima's article has some great insights for female (and male!) entrepreneurs. I think one of the best bits of wisdom is, "the work you turn away is as important as what you accept." As Halima points out, saying yes to everything isn't always best for your business in the long run. You may end up taking focus away from projects that could help your startup long term in order to focus on those that may not help your overall objective.
    Cara O'Bleness
    Content Director
    StartupNation
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited March 2017
    @Cara Boyer, I agree that while this article has the female entrepreneur in mind, it is great content for anybody. I also concur that as an entrepreneur selling a service, you should not should not be "Yes man" -- or in this case, a "Yes Woman." Only take on projects that are a fit for both you and the potential client, and those you know you can complete to satisfactory. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC