WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Should I stick to the (less than) 5 min rule?

MobraMobra subscriber Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2017 in Website Critique
My original site was too long and detailed for most reviewers so I recently created  a new, more concise one that can be reviewed in less than 5 minutes: never4get.us. However, in order to keep it "under 5 minutes" I had to leave out some very important financial data: that data (including 2 charts) is in the Pitch Deck and there is a link to it on the site. 

You think this is a good idea (since the shorter the site is the better the odds it'll be read to the end) or you'd forget about the 5 min rule and bring the charts and $$ data to the site, since that's paramount for investors, manufacturers and licensees?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    I think it is better to keep the site as clear and concise as possible. You'll want your most pertinent information displayed there: explain what your company does. Keep in mind that you don't have to, and you shouldn't, detail your entire business model/plan on the homepage of the website. People often use the homepage to get introduced to your brand/product. As you mentioned having a link to a separate page or document of your data and financial information on the homepage would be a grand idea. But I don't think it's necessary to be on the homepage. 

Just my opinion. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC