WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New To Startup Nation, New to Startups in General!

CodyFromTPACodyFromTPA subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2017 in New Member Welcome
Greetings everyone! I'm Cody Craig, owner of the startup Tyler Personal Assistants in Tyler, Texas. This startup has not gotten off the ground yet, but I'm aiming for the next week or two to be the beginning. Unfortunately, I'm hitting a few snags that I need some assistance on, so here I am seeking advice from the Startup Nation community.

I come from a technical background, having worked as an Electronics Technician for over 15 years. After my last contract ended, I decided to pursue my dream of working for myself in the field of Food Delivery. TPA (Tyler Personal Assistants) is a grocery delivery company aimed at eliminating the inconvenience of grocery shopping. Although this is already heavily seeded in most large cities, small cities or towns like Tyler have few services if any supporting this need. We aim to fill this need and deliver a personalized service that feels expensive but is very affordable.

As of now, I am in the stages of proving the idea that this service is needed. If I find out that it isn't, then I will move on. Utilizing the Lean Startup methodology I hope to create a business that people need and love. I am looking forward to meeting the Startup Nation and hope I can be a valuable addition to the community, if not just to provide some topics that other beginners might benefit from.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Welcome to the community, Cody!

I am familiar with the grocery delivery services that seem to be more common nowadays. I am not sure what the market size is in Tyler, Texas, but certainly every household needs groceries, and surely the convenience factor will be a draw for residents.

I think our forums will be beneficial for you. Specifically, I think you'll be particularly interested in threads within the Business Planning and Marketing subforums. There, you'll likely find people in the same boat as you -- trying to get their business off of the ground. As well as how to market your business. However, I think several of our forums would be good for you to check out.

I also urge you to check out our blog side for How To content, listicals, case studies, book excerpts, etc. If there is a certain topic you want to learn more about, please let me know and I'll see if I can find a related article: http://www.startupnation.com
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC