WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Private Messaging is now enabled!

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
edited September 2016 in Business Planning
Hello, all!

It has come to my attention that private messaging has been turned off on the forum. I just wanted to let you all know that it has been enabled. Sorry for any prior inconveniences.

You should see a message icon, that looks like an envelope, next to your notification icon. You can click this to send and view messages. You can also access your messages under the User Control Panel, or you can search for/click on the name of a specific user and then have the option to send a message to that user while viewing his/her profile.

If you choose not to receive private messages, you can turn it off on the "Board preferences" module, located under your User Control Panel. You can also choose to receive email notifications when you receive a private message. You will find this under "Edit notification options" on your UCP.

I hope our members finds this beneficial!

Please, do not abuse the private messaging function by sending spam or inappropriate content. If this is the case, please report this to me and I will ban that user. I will also not hesitate to disable the private messaging function again if it is not being used properly. Be advised.
Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• MobilunityMobilunity subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you! That is awesome ;)
  • Charlie PCharlie P subscriber Posts: 84 Silver Level Member
    Thank you for turning this on! It was a matter of frustration when wanting to get in touch with someone specific.

You are doing a great job at being the admin of this site and forum. Keep up the great work!
    Just had a thought when reading a post. You should enable "Likes". I know it's so "Facebookish", but I hate replying with a "awesome post" post as I think those clog up threads and would still like to let the poster know that it was a good post. Just a thought and regardless you are doing great!
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Charlie P wrote:
    Just had a thought when reading a post. You should enable "Likes". I know it's so "Facebookish", but I hate replying with a "awesome post" post as I think those clog up threads and would still like to let the poster know that it was a good post. Just a thought and regardless you are doing great!

Hi, Charlie.

Thank you for you kind words. Good idea. That thought has been brought up before, but we are yet to implement that function. We are looking into what it would take to have that function available, as well as some other things. Perhaps an "I agree' button or something along those lines.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
    I've not used PhpBB in a while, but I'm pretty sure the have "add-ons" that you can install through the control panel. I may be thinking of a different forum platform, but if it is the same one it is really easy once you find the right add-on.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Yes, phpBB uses extensions that we can plug in. The problem is that I haven't found one with that functionality matching our version of phpBB. Stay tuned, we are working on it.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC