WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Would you use it? Feedback is needed! Welp!

dimonsfdimonsf subscriber Posts: 3
edited October 2016 in Website Critique
I just launched skillmint.com and would love to hear some feedback.

What is this all about? Well, in short - it's where people skilled in anything meet. Think about it, didn't you have a specific hobby or interest that you wanted to share with someone who is also a fan of it but you were having a hard time finding that someone?

For example, haven't you ever had a desire to learn to play a musical instrument but never had a patience to do it by yourself; or being into a specific sport couldn't find a partner with the same skill level to practice it with and possibly improve your skills, or maybe you did but wished there was someone you could do it with while on business trip or away on vacation. SkillMint comes in. It's super easy to find and meet people who share similar passions, interests or skills wherever you are. On top of that, you can actually rate each other's skills after your meet. SkillMint's community driven rating system helps you keep track of your progress too.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hi, Dimonsf:

I love the idea. It seems the purpose of this website is for people who share a similar skill to connect and possibly meet with each other, which is great. But how do the users interact? Is there a forum set up on the website, like this one here on StartupNation? Is there a messaging or instant messaging capability? I'm sure there's something along those lines in place, but I am curious and would like more information.

I'm checking out your website now and see it is still in Beta testing. Have you thought about optimization for your site to help out with organic search?

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    dimonsfdimonsf subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi, Dimonsf:

I love the idea. It seems the purpose of this website is for people who share a similar skill to connect and possibly meet with each other, which is great. But how do the users interact? Is there a forum set up on the website, like this one here on StartupNation? Is there a messaging or instant messaging capability? I'm sure there's something along those lines in place, but I am curious and would like more information.

I'm checking out your website now and see it is still in Beta testing. Have you thought about optimization for your site to help out with organic search?

Best,

Thanks! Yes, I tried to answer some questions that I thought people might have on FAQ page. So the flow is - if you find someone you want to meet to practice your skills with, you request a meet and wait for his or her approval. Once approved, you can contact that user (there is messaging system) to set up time for the meet or just discuss anything related to your meet/skills. Once you've met, you're encouraged to rate each other's skill level which helps you keep track of your progress plus it helps other users to match better with people who are getting rated. Ratings are anonymous, so you won't know who rated you and how you were rated by specific user.

It is in Beta since we have just launched, so not too many people there yet but the community is growing.
  • Options
    DarissaDarissa subscriber Posts: 23